Saturday, October 18, 2014

What's your fancy??????

Oh Saturdays, how I love thee.  Currently, I am chilling out at my grandpa's farm, listening to the lovely sounds of The Beatle's iTunes radio, and sitting next to Papa Norm while typing yet another Fancy Ginger blog.  I have so many things to discuss today, so let's get this showboat rolling...or however that saying goes?  Actually, I am pretty sure I just made that up.  That's kind of my thing lately---just check out my latest post on Instagram/Facebook/Twitter to see how clever I have become.



**Side-bar--let's caption this pic, shall we? I felt fancy taking it.***

I have received a lot of fancy packages in the mail, as of late.  In my last blog I lamented about my frustrations with trying to share my Birchbox vlog with you all, since I had received my October Birchbox in the mail.  Well, I still can't get that all figured out....no surprise there.  I am not what you would call a technology aficionado---although, I obviously aspire to be.  I feel like it is my duty as the Fancy Ginger to share my fanciness through all modes/means possible. 

Anywho, I got off track--back to the mail I received.  The day after I received my monthly Birchbox subscription, I received another package from Birchbox.  I had sort of gone on a little shopping spree, using the points I had built up on Birchbox, and here is what I received:


Item 1- Cynthia Rowley Creamy Lip Stain in Dahlia-  I wasn't sure how I was going to like this lip stain.  I am a pretty devoted lip stick-type of girl, but I had received a sample of this lip stain in Valentine a few months back, and decided to give it a whirl in this new color. Another reason I was a little apprehensive about this product is because of the color I chose--Dahlia is a deep purple, very "in" this fall, but not sure how it would look on this ginger.  Consensus- I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!!!  It is so gorgeous on, and doesn't dry my lips at all.  If you are looking for a pretty fall color, I recommend this color.  I believe it retails for $20 on Birchbox.

Item 2-  Birchbox sent me a free key-chain, for being such a loyal customer.  Awww, isn't that sweet???   

Item 3- Amika Perk Up Dry Shampoo--I LOVE dry shampoos.  They are my new favorite thing.  This one smells  Ah-May-Zing!!! I used it this morning, because I was lazy, and it made my hair feel like I had shampoo'd it for realz.  I have had a lot of people ask me about my thoughts on dry shampoo (yes, I actually have those conversations), and I am a huge proponent.  The size I got was the travel size and it retails on Birchbox for about $9, I believe the full-size is $22--don't quote me on that, though.

Item 4- In one of my first Birchboxes I received a sample of Orange Sanguine perfume by Atelier Cologne...and I fell in love.  I decided to buy their bar soap in the same scent.  It retails for around $22, which I realize is pretty steep for soap, but in my opinion it is fancy and it is worth it....not to mention it lasts FOREVER!  I have really sensitive skin, and this soap is so gentle and smells great.  

**PS-When I told my dad how much the soap cost, he looked at me like I was cray. I promise, I am not cray, I am just fancy. ;)**

Ladies and Gents, these are my fancy things for Saturday.  Other fancy things not pictured--Coffee from Casey's, Donut from said-Casey's, frequent bathroom stops while on a road trip, road trips with your parental units at age 29.  See--anything can be fancy! 

Until next time, fancy people!

No comments:

Post a Comment