Thursday, October 23, 2014

Being a Fancy Ginger for Halloween...

Ladies and gents, the struggle has been real when it comes to me picking out a costume for Halloween.  You know that, I know that, strangers on the street know that.  My whole issue with Halloween costumes has not only been figuring out what to be, but also getting a costume to go along with that character/theme. Buying a costume is totes expensive, DIY-ing a costume can be stressful....I don't know how to sew, I am not good with a hot glue gun, searching in a thrift store leaves me feeling overwhelmed...and ALMOST everything in my closet is too fancy to use.

But, last night I had a brilliant beyond brilliant epiphany.  Why not just go as The Fancy Ginger?  I know that the I am The Fancy Ginger....but I would showcase all that The Fancy Ginger is.  The Fancy Ginger is sparkly (I found an old sparkly dress in the very back of my closet---it was obviously too fancy to be with the rest of my clothes).  The Fancy Ginger likes to have her ginger hair sparkly and pretty...check and check.  The Fancy Ginger sometimes over does it on her makeup...obviously I can do that.  The Fancy Ginger likes to show off her amazing dance moves.....at ALL times.  And, every once in a while, The Fancy Ginger will sing you one of her favorite *NSYNC songs--whether you want to hear it or not.

For Halloween, I will encompass and put on display all that The Fancy Ginger is and can be.  Not to toot my own horn, but I think this is going to be the best Halloween costume I have ever had.  It's going to both amaze and confuse people--which is all a girl can hope for on Halloween.  And most importantly, it's going to be classy and fancy.  BOOM!

I am out--until tomorrow!  #30daysofblogging



No comments:

Post a Comment