Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Busting Ghosts is fancy.....

It's Tuesday.  Does anyone else feel like the days and weeks just fly by, anymore?  It doesn't seem like we should be into October already.  Time flies in the blink of an eye.

Right now I am sitting in my cozy little living room, having just inhaled my supper of ramen and edamame, listening to iTunes BBMak radio, and ready to write this fabulously fancy blog post on "Ghostbusters."

Side note- does anyone remember BBMak?  Well, if you know me at all, along with my taste in music, you can rest assured that they are indeed of the boy band nature.  I love BBMak, and the fact that they are from Liverpool, UK scores extra points with me because, above all, I am a HUGE Beatles fan---like obsessive.

Alright, moving on-- today I didn't really have anything particular that I wanted to blog about, but since it is October I thought I would blog about my favorite movie, "Ghostbusters." This year is the 30th anniversary of "Ghostbusters" which is so exciting because I will also be turning 30 in April (should I admit that??).

I grew up with "Ghostbusters."  By the time I was four I had every single line memorized (I still do).  I would pretend I was Peter Venkman and go around acting cool and busting some ghosts.  To this day, the first "Ghostbusters" movie is my favorite movie of all time.  "Ghostbusters" broke the mold of your typical action/sci-fi movie because it was hilarious, as well.  It is simply brilliant.

**Hold on guys, I am having a moment--One Direction just came on the radio.****

Back to business--Anywho, "Ghostbusters" is just amazing, and if you come to my apartment I may just make you sit down and watch those movies with me, and you will have to endure me quoting every single line.

Truth time--I actually got my Bachelor's degree in Psychology because of "Ghostbusters"---but that's a whole other story for a different day.

What is your favorite movie?


***Hold up again--*NSYNC just came on the radio---having a moment....dancing in my apartment...it is glorious*

Is it weird that I get teary eyed when *NSYNC comes on the radio?  Was that to much info?  I saw BSB this summer with my bestie, and that was great, but the whole time I was thinking 'Ugh, I just want to see Justin, Chris, JC, Joey and Lance together.' For realz you guys....for realz.

Well, that is all from the Fancy Ginger today.  I hope you enjoyed this random blog.  I just got an email that my Birchbox was sent today, and I am sure Boxycharm will be sent soon.  I am so excited, because I have seen some of the sneak peeks, and I think October is going to be a great month for these fancy subscription boxes. :)

I have to go...seriously...Mandy Moore just came on the radio, and she is singing "Only Hope" from A Walk to Remember.  Talk about a flood of emotions on a Tuesday evening.  Adios!






No comments:

Post a Comment