Good evening fancy people. I just came home from a night out eating sushi (third time this week..thank you very much) and viewing the movie "Gone Girl." Before you ask, no, I did not read the book first. I know, I know...I broke THE rule. Regardless, it was an excellent movie in my opinion. But you guys, it was SOOOOOOOOOOO INTENSE. I had anxiety the whole time I was watching it. *Deep Breath* I was having a moment. Anyways, let's begin tonight's blog....
I downloaded Snapchat to my phone a looooonnnng time ago, but never used the app-until recently. Honestly, I didn't know how it worked. What's the point of taking a picture, sending it to someone, and having it disappear--how ridiculous?!?! And really, what is so exciting about my life that I need to "snapchat-it" to someone? Well, I caved...because my sister demanded (I might be exaggerating) I use it, so that we can "snapchat" each other.
At first I thought, 'hey this is pretty fun.' We were sending hilarious selfies to each other. I can totes do this. I can keep up with this new-fangled app. I am not old. I am still cool. People want to see what I have to snapchat. And when I say people, I mean my sister.
Those were all of the positive thoughts I had -until last night, when my sister, the social butterfly that she is (love you Elizabeth), sent me a million snapchats in a row. They just kept coming, one right after another....some were even videos. I couldn't keep up. I didn't even try.
Seriously, how can I compete with that? I spend my Friday nights at home watching HGTV, while my lovely sister is out being fancy, dressing like a zombie and roller skating in Brooklyn. I felt defeated and very un-fancy, which is simply unacceptable. No app should ever make you feel that way. But, then I thought 'tomato, toMAHto.' I lead a fancy life. HGTV is fancy. Listening to *NSYNC is fancy. Having a Christmas tree up all year round is fancy. I AM A FANCY GINGER!
Snapchat, you have not defeated me. I WILL conquer you....and it will all be FANCY.
Sooooo.....next time on the Fancy Ginger blog I will either be discussing how fancy Y-town is becoming or it will be my Birchbox/Boxycharm un-boxing blog. Thank you for reading. If there is a topic you would like me to sprinkle with fancy-ness, let me know and I will write about it in my blog.
Cheers!
No comments:
Post a Comment