Here's the deal fancy people--I had posted on my Facebook account that I was going to post my new blog today/yesterday(Tuesday) evening. Well, then the fanciness of the day got to me, and I thought 'no, I will just go to bed and dream fancy dreams.' That plan lasted all of 2 1/2 hours, and now I am up and it's 1:23 AM on Wednesday morning (Yay). Apparently, I just have too many fancy thoughts going on in my head that I have to share with you all, so I will. My first thought---Starbucks is going to be a good friend of mine tomorrow. ;)
Since I am wide awake, and I promised I would blog about my BOXYCHARM October box, I am going to do that right now. Just to review for you fancy people, BOXYCHARM is a health/beauty subscription box that costs $21/month, and delivers 4-5 FULL SIZE products to your door every month!!!! I have subscribed to BOXYCHARM since August and I LOVE IT. It's a different love than the kind I have for Birchbox, but it is love all the same. ***Not sure why I felt the need to explain that to you all, but maybe that's what being up at 1:30 in the morning and blogging does to a person.***
October's box theme was "Bewitched"---which is so cute and clever, in my opinion. Here is what I received (I didn't get a good picture of my products, because I was so excited that I kind of just dug right in--but I will do my best to to describe the fanciness to you all.):
1. Palmetto Derma Collagen Booster & Restoration Serum ($48 retail price)- This product was part of the October sneak peek and I was so excited to get it. As a fair and fancy ginger, I don't have a lot of problems with wrinkles and fine lines at this time. But you know what, I am going to be turning 30 in 6 months, so I can be proactive. Not that I think there is anything wrong with wrinkles, but I have this fear that I am going to wake up on the morning of my b-day and BA-BAM---old lady staring back at me in the mirror. ***I have seen "The Witches of Eastwick, I know what happened to Susan Sarandon's character #research.***
2. Coastal Scents Eclipse Concealer Palette ($19.95 retail price)-- This was also part of the October sneak peek. :) So far, I am loving this palette. It has concealer shades for every shade of skin possible, which is great for those of you who have trouble finding the right concealer, because you can mix shades until you get one that perfectly matches your skin. It also comes with a highlighter, a color corrector (yellow in color) and a pimple hider (green in color--I made up that term).
3. CULT/COMMERCE X BOXYCHARM "Shady" Collection ($21 retail price)- Ok, for realz, I receive a ton of nail polish through these subscription boxes. But, at the moment, nail polish is kinda my thing. The two colors I got from the "Shady" collection are a deep deep purple color and a deep deep blue color....which I love. I can't wait to try out these shades! They are going to be perfect for Halloween!
4. Be a Bombshell Eyeshadow ($14 retail price)-- I received this in the color "divine." I wasn't sure if I was going to like this, because it is kind of a sky blue/baby blue color, and usually that is not my "thing." But, the shimmer and pigment in this eyeshadow totes won me over. It really made my fancy eyes "pop."
5. STARLOOKS Ultra Gem Pencils ($14 retail price)-- I really, really want to like this eyeliner, because it has a ton of shimmer. But you guys, I received it in an olive green color. I DO NOT LIKE OLIVE GREEN ON MY EYES. I just can't do it.
So, overall this month was excellent. I cannot wait to see what November will bring. Again, if you like experimenting with your makeup/beauty products like I do (or you just want to feel fancy), I HIGHLY recommend subscribing to these boxes.
I think my next blog is going to be all about fancy Halloween ideas--costumes, fun things to do on Halloween, tricks, treats, etc. Also, is anyone else loving the fact that we are FINALLY able to watch 13 nights of Halloween on ABC Family?? Oh how I love Halloween! By the way, I don't know how it is where you all live, but we are having the most gorgeous and fancy fall here--the trees are beautiful. Wow, I kind of sounded like my father right there. He texted me a whole bunch of pictures of trees and leaves the other day...literally 5 texts in a row. He's so fancy like that.
Goodnight/Good morning or Good day wherever you may be. :) I think I am going to try to lay my fancy head down, again.
No comments:
Post a Comment