Saturday, November 15, 2014

The Fancy Ginger's winter must haves.....

It's snowy and cold, but I am warm and snuggly in my twinkly little apartment.  I just love my apartment, especially this time of year, when I can make it sparkle and shine.  I had a lovely day today.  I ventured out into the beautiful snow and spent sometime with a lovely friend.  It was all very fancy (as you would expect).

This time of year always makes me feel mushy and cheesy---and I must say that I am very thankful for ALL of my friends and family.  Yes, I am having a moment. 

.....Ok moving on.......

*********************************************************************************
I have been thinking about a lot about things that are my must-haves for winter, and I think I have compiled a good list-in no particular order:

1.  Hickory Farms--I need a meat and cheese tray around me at all times.  I don't have a good reason, except that I am addicted to this stuff, and yes--I just got another catalogue.  I read it likes it's my favorite book in the whole wide world.

2.  Lip Balm- Right now I am alternating between Posh's All You Need is Love, and my EOS lip balm.  I love them both.  Side story--I forgot to bring lip balm with me to a football game last night..and my lips burned so bad.  LIKE, SO BAD...and all I did was complain about it all night.  I am such a child sometimes...but it really really hurt! Oh the curse of winter weather.

3.  Boot Socks--I don't actually own boot socks, but I feel like if I did, they would be on my must have list....so yeah.  I am hoping to purchase my first pair when I go on my little shopping trip this coming week.  (I know, I know--it's just cray cray that I don't own these yet).

4.  A puffy/warm coat-  I live in a place where during the winter it's not uncommon to have temps dip into the negatives on a regular basis.  So, because of this fact I own a very fancy, very blue, puffy winter coat by Lands End.  It goes way past my knees.  It's like a sleeping bag, and it's my best friend in the winter.

5.  Fleece lined leggings---OMG---so amazing....best invention EVER!!!  

6.  Suncreen- Just because it is winter/cold outside, doesn't mean you can't get sunburned or receive some sun damage.  All people, not just gingers, should remember to use sunscreen.  I make sure that my makeup has SPF 20 or 30 in it.  Right now I am using Jouer's Luminizing Moisture Tint with SPF 20 in Pearl.  Skincare is fancy.
So there you have it--my winter must-haves.  What are your winter must-haves?

*********************************************************************************
Next week my blog posts will be all about my BIRCHBOX AND BOXYCHARM boxes.  I will give you my thoughts on some random topics-as per usual.  I will also share my shopping haul.  And, I will have some exciting news to share!!!!! Like really, really exciting.   

Ok...just one more thing that I may post about---*NSYNC's Christmas Album, and why I think it's fancy.  

Fancy ideas, fancy blog posts, and fancy readers= fanciness for everyone! 

To hold you over until my next post....just take a whiff of this:  

The beauty in this pic is simply.....um.....shocking. 


No comments:

Post a Comment