Sunday, November 2, 2014

Purple is a fancy color...

Good evening, beautiful people of the blogosphere!  It's Sunday, so you know what that means---I am glued to my T.V. watching "The Walking Dead." I literally do not breathe at all during this show.....literally.  Thank goodness for commercial breaks, or I might pass out due to lack of oxygen.

This weekend I went down to Kansas City to visit my bestie and celebrate our favorite holiday, Halloween.  As promised...I went as the Fancy Ginger.  I couldn't think of a better costume than to be myself.  
       My bestie and I on Halloween!

While down in KC I went shopping (of course).  I had a gift card to Heaven (aka Sephora), and it was burning a whole in my pocket, so I had to use it...I just HAD TO!!!!  

***Hold up guys--it's a really intense part of "The Walking Dead."  I am not breathing.  What is the deal? Honestly, I didn't see last weeks episode, so I am playing catch up. Why is this such an intense moment???  Why do I watch this show, if it doesn't allow me to breathe regularly??? So many questions??**

Ok, commercial break..still hard to breathe, but back to discussing my Sephora haul.  Like a good little Fancy Ginger.  I did some research before I went into Sephora.  You have to have a game plan about what you are going to get, otherwise it become overwhelming...and then you overspend...which is no bueno.  

I am all about purple this fall/winter.  I love the color, and makeup companies are coming out with soooooooo many different delicious shades of purple.  My favorite shade is currently a deep wine/plum color.  I love it, especially as a lipstick.  So here is what I purchased:

1.  Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner in Violet ($20).  It is Stila's 20th anniversary, and if you haven't tried their Smudge Sticks, you need to.  They come in all sorts of fun colors, plus your basic black/brown.  They are so easy to apply (I am usually a klutz when it comes to applying eye liner, but this stick makes it easy peasy to apply).  

2.  Stila Color Balm Lipstick in Brigitte (a wine color) ($22).  I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!!!! It is so moisturizing, the color is amazing, and it has a minty flavor to freshen your breath (not that I ever need that...right?).  This was a good purchase.
           Eyeliner top, lipstick bottom

3. Julep Color Treat Nail Color in Gabrielle--a gray-ish/purple color ($14)-  For whatever reason, I am really into nail polish this year.  I am all about it....I need to stop buying it though, because I already get a ton of nail polish in my subscription boxes.  

I didn't just go to Sephora, though.  I like to be well-rounded, so I made a stop in Barnes and Noble to pick up the next Heroes of Olympus book by Rick Riordan-- The Blood of Olympus.  I know that this is a typically a kids/pre-teen series, but I have read every single one of these books--starting with the original Percy Jackson series.  This is the last book in the Heroes of Olympus series, which makes me sad.  But, at age 29 1/2, I probably need to move on.  


*********************************************************************************
Alright, I need to go--the new episode of The Walking Dead is coming on.  I am going to need to watch a Disney movies after this.  

Side note--- does anyone know if the voices on the new iPhone commercial are that of Justin Timberlake and Jimmy Fallon....I really hope so.  Until next time! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment