Saturday, November 8, 2014

Fancy Research....

It's Saturday, around noon-ish, and I am watching PBS whilst blogging for you guys.  I love PBS.  Back in the day, when I was a wee-little ginger, and we didn't have cable TV--PBS was my best friend.  Oh nostalgia.  However, right now Martha Stewart is coming on, so it's a good time to concentrate on my blogging.  Martha makes me nervous....don't ask. 

*********************************************************************************

Perhaps it's because I went to school FOREVER.....but I really like researching things.  It makes me feel fancy.  I am going on a little shopping trip in a couple of weeks and I started researching what the latest winter styles were at the stores I will be hitting up, and how much they cost.  Yes folks, even a fancy ginger must budget--budgets are fancy.  I like to be informed before I shop, otherwise I will have a fancy panic attack--too many choices---so little time.  I research for my own sanity.  Sane gingers are fancy...trust me. 

I also like researching random topics from pop-culture to historical figures. There was one weekend were I spent the ENTIRE Saturday researching FDR.   I know, I know--'why did she spend her entire day on one person?' Well, I couldn't just stop at FDR, I had to move on to Eleanor and then to each of their children, and cousins, etc.  Before I knew it, it was night time--time flies when you're having fun.  I am a true ginger nerd-and proud of it.

You never know when that research will come in handy.  For instance, I was at Caribou Coffee the other day and the barista asked me the daily trivia question "What is the origin of Halloween?"---I answered it correctly and got 5 cents off my coffee order...BOOM....RESEARCH.  **Side note--is it just me, or was that a particularly deep question for a coffee house?**

*********************************************************************************

Okay kiddos--I have to go.  This was a particularly short post, but never fear--I will be posting another Fancy Ginger blog today or tomorrow.  Also, my BOXYCHARM and BIRCHBOX will arriving soon-ish.  I am so excited for this month.  

Yikes--I really need to change the channel, Martha is making graham crackers. Stay fancy, my friends.  



No comments:

Post a Comment