Saturday, November 22, 2014

I went on a fancy shopping trip....

Saturday evening....not even 7 pm and I am in my pi's...sipping coffee, listening to the *NSYNC holiday station on Pandora, and trying to figure out what I am going to have for supper.  The struggle is real, folks.  Does anyone else, who is single, struggle not to give in and go get something from carry-out every night, for supper?  It's not like don't have food in my cupboards, I do.  But, when I make something, I always make sooooo much and I end up wasting a lot of it, because I can't eat it fast enough (or I get tired of eating it for every meal).

Onwards and upwards......

I have been looking forward to this shopping trip for a long time (ok, maybe a month).  Not only was it going to get me out of town for an overnight trip, but I would be able to spend some time with some lovely friends.  Also, because it's the holiday season, every shopping center, restaurant--etc. is so beautifully decorated.  It was simply magical---and a great marketing ploy for someone is a sucker for the holidays...aka moi. 

 Usually when I go shopping near the holiday, I am getting gifts for my family/friends.  Well, this year, I finished doing most of my shopping prior to this little trip.  I didn't have a lot to get, since my fam and I are going on a holiday trip, but still....

Wow, I am getting so off topic (it's probably the caffeine and lack of food)..

Anywho, this shopping trip I ended up buying mostly for myself.  I felt guilty about that for maybe a second...and then I stepped into my first store---Anthropologie. **Cue choirs of angels singing* First of all, the store was so beautifully decorated for the season, I had a moment (don't laugh).  Anthropologie is one of this stores that I love, but would consider a "splurge" store for me.  It can be a bit on the spend-y side. I equate it to Topshop, price-wise. For those of you who aren't familiar with this store, click on the bold name, and search to your delight.  
Such a beautiful site...

I ended up getting a few things from the Anthropolgie:

1.  A lovely green rabbit print shirt-- This shirt was so comfortable, and looked amazing on.  I think it would be really cute with a blue skirt, leggings and ankle boots.  And rabbits are just so cute.

2.  Albeit lipstick in Dahlia-- I couldn't help but to buy this--it's a deep wine color.  You all know how obsessed I am with lip products and that color, I had to get it. 

3.  Holiday Soy Candle in Toasted Hazelnut-- First of all, the tin is so adorbs, and the smell is amazing.  I wish you could all smell my apartment right now---it is pure holiday.

I love rabbits!!!!

Lovely color--it looks a little more pink in this picture than it actually is. 
*********************************************************************************
Next, we went to the Nebraska Crossing Outlets.  This place is a bargain hunter's paradise.  If you like high-end brands, but do not want to spend the high-end money, I recommend visiting this mall.  It has brands like Gap, Banana Republic, Levi, J.Crew, Michael Kors, Coach, and Kate Spade just to name a few.  This place is located a little was outside of Omaha on I-80, in Gretna, Nebraska.  

I hit the Gap Outlet store first, because it was 50% off of EVERYTHING.  I made out like a bandit in that store.  I am not going to post the items I got from there, because they were a lot of practical things like jeans, shirts, etc.----not that I post only impractical (is that the right phrase?) items...oh you know what I mean.

Then I went across the way to the J.Crew outlet, but I was a bit disappointed.  There wasn't a lot that caught my eye.  But I did end up getting a fun/scary christmas shirt (I have been searching for one for a looooonnnnng time), and some fun knee-high socks.  Please see the picture:
That buck means business. 

********************************************************************************* 
I finished off my outlet mall experience, by going into Kate Spade.  All purses/wallets were at LEAST 50% off.  You guys...50% off...or more in my case.  I ended up getting the purse and coin purse pictured for less than $50 total.  Normally those two things would cost me over $200-300.  I almost cried.  It was such a beautiful moment for the Fancy Ginger.

Glorious!

Shimmery and Fancy!
*********************************************************************************
This trip was a much needed mini-getaway before the craziness of the holidays begin.  It was full of laughs, good friends, good food, and good shopping.  We went to 4 malls in less than 24 hours.  I have never ran a marathon, but I feel like I did. :)

Hopefully you found this post helpful, as you delve into your own holiday shopping.  I am already working on some upcoming posts for you all.  They are bound to be hilarious, insightful, and fancy...at least that's my hope.  

Happy Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment