Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Fancy and twinkly apartments.......

Hello dear ones.  I am going to start off tonight's blog by thanking of all of Veterans and current service men and women for all they have done and continue doing for our country. :)  Truly thankful for you all each and every day.

*********************************************************************************
Since I was at home today, I spent most of my day thinking of ways to make my apartment more festive.  I finally took the fake blood (from Halloween) off of my walls---although I seriously considered keeping it up..it is red after all (Christmas colors), took down my Ghostbusters lights, and put away the rest of the remnants from Halloween....until next year.  

I don't know about you all, but I am not a huge fan of the Thanksgiving color scheme of oranges and browns.  It's just not for me.  So, keeping that in mind, I made the executive decision to skip the Thanksgiving decorating and go straight to Christmas.  

This was totes easy for me to do, since I kept my Christmas tree up all year round (best decision EVER).  I then put some sparkly purple lights around my bookcase and entertainment center.  Boom...Bam....a Fancy Ginger Christmas....

Look how cozy this is...all I need is a faux fireplace!
*********************************************************************************
Whilst decorating, I started thinking of my favorite Christmas/Holiday movies.  Here are a few of mine...in no particular order:

1.  Elf---Will Ferrell, genius--and every time I go up an escalator I picture Buddy the Elf...and I chortle (I am trying to think of new and fancy ways to say I lol'd).  I LOVE SANTA!!!!
2.  Home Alone 1 & 2---As a child growing up in the 90's--you had to know all the words to these movies...it was a must.  "Merry Christmas Ya' Filthy Animal." --classic
3.  A Christmas Story---I watch this EVERY YEAR with my family on Christmas Eve/Day.  Every time the kid gets his tongue stuck to the flag pull...I cringe.  But what do you do? He was triple dog dared!!!
4.  Christmas Vacation- When my dad climbs on a ladder to decorate his house, images of Chevy Chase flood my mind, and I am prepared to dial 911.
5.  The Nightmare Before Christmas- I love multi-holiday movies...they're so versatile...am I right or am I right?
6.  The Polar Express- This movie makes me want to ride a train and drink hot chocolate.  Since I don't live in an are where there are passenger trains...I have to settle with hot chocolate and lots of marshmallows.

********************************************************************************
There you have it..another post from the Fancy Ginger!  I am working on creating my Fancy Ginger holiday wish list for you all.  I also received an email saying my BIRCHBOX is on it's way....so get ready for that blog post.  If you would like to follow me on Instagram, just search for thefancyginger. :)

Thank you all for reading!  I hope you have been enjoying this fanciness or fancy-mess, as much as I have enjoyed blogging it all for you.  

What's your favorite Christmas/Holiday movie, and why?  Please leave me a comment or message me with your answer, if you'd like.  Adios!


No comments:

Post a Comment