*********************************************************************************
The Fancy Ginger's Favorite Holiday Read
In my opinion, the holiday season doesn't begin until I receive my Hickory Farms catalogue in the mail. Well, on Friday, the holiday season started. I received the coveted Hickory Farms catalogue in the mail. It was a glorious time. I know you are "supposed" to order Hickory Farms as a gift-- or if you are throwing a party, but usually I just order one of their gift baskets for myself. I can't help it, their meat and cheese trays are sooooo good. And have you ever tried their fancy mustards? HEAVEN. When I go to the mall, I am that person who walks by the Hickory Farms stand, stops, and requests to taste test all of the items.
*********************************************************************************
A Fancy Sunday
Today was a rather productive Sunday for me. I woke up-which is always important to do, if you want to be a productive member of society. I made a fancy breakfast (not even joking about this)...I made eggs, coffee and everything.
At around noon, I went to Norm and Kathy's place to do my laundry. It's just too expensive to do my laundry in my building--and I can NEVER find quarters. I have all of the pennies, nickels, and dimes in the world, but NO quarters. Besides, my parents have the best fabric softener...whoa boy...I am spoiled.
After my laundry was situated, I walked over to the local school vendor fair. I love vendor fairs because there is always a variety of items to buy- from food, to clothing, to household items. Since this fair was taking place in November, they had a lot of holiday items out. (YAY for Fancy Ginger Holiday!!!!)
Before I went to the fair, I set myself a budget, otherwise I knew I could easily go overboard....and let's not forget, I have a shopping trip coming up in 2 weeks. It's a good thing I did set a budget, because there were so many amazing things at the fair. It was a Fancy Ginger's candy land!!!
Here is my holiday vendor fair haul:
1. Infinity scarf ($15)-- I really couldn't resist getting this scarf--and the price can't be beat (again--I love vendor fairs). I had helped to set up the fair, and I noticed this scarf immediately, as I was setting everything up. I crossed my fingers that it would still be available by the time that I got around to purchasing items. I love the color--it's that deep yellow/mustard color that is so on trend this fall/holiday season. It will go well with my Cynthia Rowley lip stain in Dahlia and my new Stila lipstick...oh dear, did I just buy a scarf based on the type of lip products I have? Yes, yes I did..not ashamed.
2. Posh-Snarky Bar in Classic Pink Heaven ($15???)-I love bath products. Posh is a company that reminds me a lot of Lush. Since I don't have a Lush store nearby--Posh is the next best thing. This bar is not just an ordinary bath bar--it is also a body scrub. It has such a lovely, light, girly scent. I am super excited to try this out.
3. Posh- The Bombinator (bath bomb; $9)- I love bath bombs! They make bath water smell so amazing!
4. Posh- All You Need is Love (& a Really Big Super Moisturizing LipBalm) ($14)- I think I have told you all before that I am addicted to lip products...so is it any surprise that I bought this one? I also bought it because of it's name---I love The Beatles. But, in all seriousness, this really is a super moisturizing LipBalm. It will be great to have it in my purse---especially now that the weather is getting colder and my lips always are super-chapped in the winter.
The Posh Haul (so fancy)
*********************************************************************************
Well, I have to go, ladies and gents. It's time for me to mentally prepare for The Walking Dead. It really takes a lot out of me....again, why do I watch this show? I think my next blog will be all about my Christmas wish list. It will be like Oprah's favorite things...but fancier. ***Disclaimer, my family and I are not actually giving gifts this year, because we are going on a little Christmas holiday....but I still have a wish list...in case you guys would like to be like the fancy ginger** Oh dear, that sounded a bit conceded didn't it?
Time for more Oreos and Orange Juice...cheers!


No comments:
Post a Comment