Wednesday, November 19, 2014

November's Fancy Birchbox and Boxycharm unboxing....

Hello beautiful people of the blogosphere. I am currently in the midst of cleaning my apartment, and surprise, surprise---I decided to give myself a break...because I am a great procrastinator.  Whilst I am  on my "break" I thought I would do a quick "un-boxing" blog of my November Birchbox and Boxycharm subscription boxes. Also, I am listening to some Justin Timberlake, which I find to be great blogging music.  I LOVE JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE!!!!  I went to his 20/20 concert this summer..but alas...that is a story for another day.  Moving on.... 

Both of my boxes came on the same day---which I love, because receiving mail always makes me feel important.  Unless it's a bill...then it's no bueno...that's a different kind of "important." Here is what I received in my Boxycharm this month....(side note, I was so excited to get this month's box because there were so many fancy things in it...)

Boxycharm November 2014 box (hint..click on the bold word if you would like to go to the website in order to subscribe and be fancy like this ginger...no pressure or anything)

This month's Boxycharm had the theme "Sparkle and Shine"...and it sure delivered on that theme.  All of the products that were sent were definitely meant to make one sparkle a shine a little brighter.

(Left to right- Kevin.Murphy Color.Bug, MicaBeauty Eye Primer, bellapiere Shimmer Powder, OFRA Cosmetics Pressed Blush, TARINA TARANTINO Eyelicity Glitter Liner)

1.) MicaBeauty Eye Primer ($44.95)-  First thoughts--this price is a bit ridiculous in my opinion, and I will probably never buy a primer that costs $45 (who knows though).  But, I have to say that this is an AMAZING primer.  I have used it for 2 days now and I absolutely love it.  It keeps my eye makeup on ALL DAY long...and it looks fresh ALL DAY long.  But again, $45 for primer...not sure about that.  But, that's why I get this box--because I can get the full-size product, but only pay $21/month for the box.  Not really sure how they do it.  So if you are o.k. with spending this much on eye primer...I would go for it.  Like I said, this primer works like a "charm."--I am so clever.  

2.)  Ofra Cosmetics Pressed Blush in Paradise Pink ($24.95)-Before I subscribed to Boxycharm, I had never heard of this brand.  So far, I have received their bronzer in a box, and now this blush.  I really have enjoyed using these products.  This blush is such a beautiful color.  When I first opened my box I thought 'oh no, that blush is awfully pink.' But it goes on so wonderfully, and really gives me a natural blush.  

3.) Tarina Tarantino Eyelicity Glitter Liner ($16.00)-  This is another brand that I am really impressed with.  This glitter liner is perfect for the holiday season.  It gives a hint of glitter and shimmer on your eyes without going overboard...as if you were cast in the movie Spice World.  I actually used this liner on top of my regular liner.  It made my eyes "pop."

4.)  Kevin.Murphy Color.Bug ($20-$25)- I was probably most excited to get this product.  I have not used it yet, but I love the color that I got (it was the one that I was hoping for).  I received this product in gold.  If you are not familiar with this product, it is supposed to give your hair intense color that washes out instantly. I will post pictures when I do have chance to use this product.

5.) bellapierre Shimmer Powder (there was no website provided for this product) ($14.99)-  This is a new brand I am going to be trying.  I think I will try using it as an all over shimmer or even on my eyes...not really sure yet.

*********************************************************************************

November 2014 Birchbox--This month's theme is appropriately titled "Giving."  Birchbox teamed up with (RED)--an organization that works to raise money to fight AIDS across the globe.  

(Left to Right- Eslor Collagen Day Cream, Klorane Floral Water Makeup-Remover with Soothing Cornflower, theBalm cosmetics Cindy-Lou Manizer, Harvey Prince Hello Shampoo and Conditioner)

In my box:

1. Eslor Firming Collagen Day Cream (full-size, $85)-  While I don't have a lot of problems with wrinkles at the moment...it never hurts to be proactive.  Besides, I like the way this cream smells.

2.   Harvey Prince Hello Shampoo and Conditioner (full-size, $22 each)-- I am such a huge fan of Harvey Prince and of this scent, Hello.  I have purchased the body cream in this scent from Birchbox--and use it everyday because it smells so amazing.  I also received the purse-sized perfume in my Boxycharm a couple of months ago, and love it.  I am going to be taking these products with me, when I go out of town this weekend. :)

3.  Klorane Floral Water Makeup Remover and Soothing Cornflower (full-size, $23)-- This is an eye-makeup remover.  I am excited to use this because I am always looking for a new makeup removing products for my sensitive-ginger skin.  

4. "theBalm" cosmetics "Cindy-Lou Manizer"(full-size, $24)-  I love- love this brand. This summer I was looking for a new lipstick/blush duo and I picked up their "How About Them Apples" lip/cheek color, and it was a life-saver (alright, I may have exaggerated on that..but it was seriously amazing).  This highlighter that I was sent in my box is such a pretty-pink, shimmer color.  

I also was sent some chocolate in my Birchbox this month...I ate it...it was delicious...I don't even have a picture of it, because I ate it as soon as I opened my box.  I am not ashamed.  

*********************************************************************************
That's all I got for now, folks.  This Fancy Ginger should get back to cleaning...I think I have procrastinated enough....hang-on...I should check my Facebook.  

No comments:

Post a Comment