Monday, January 4, 2016

A Fancy Ginger's NYC Adventure Part 1.....

Happy 2016 everyone!!  I just looked at my last post date......and it's been almost 2 months since I last posted.  Yikes!  I apologize for the delay between posts.  November and December have been crazy busy.

One of my new year's resolutions this year is to make time, every Saturday, to post a new blog update.  I just need to bite the bullet and go through with it.  I love blogging, but I make every excuse to delay the posts (usually the excuse is a nap....I love naps).  But, no more excuses---this is one of my creative outlets and it gives me an excuse to talk about my love for beauty products, fashion, and an assortment of random topics that pop into my head, at any given moment.  Please help hold me accountable!!!!!!

Anywho- I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season--full of family, food, and festivities. I just returned from an epic Christmas vacation to visit my sister (who is also a ginger....of course) in NYC.  For those of you who have never visited the Big Apple.....put it on your bucket list/to-do list......especially around November/December.  Holiday's are the best in NYC.

My sister has lived in the city for 4 years now.  I try to visit her once or twice a year.  Sometimes I go with our parental units, but usually I travel alone or with a friend.  This Christmas I traveled alone, since my parents will be making a trip in the spring.

First of all, can we talk about the tropical weather New York was having?  70 degrees on Christmas Eve?!?!  How cray is that?  I wasn't complaining.  Although, on a deeper level I am really concerned about the effects global warming is having on our planet....but that is for another post.

Here is a list of all of the shenanigans my sister and got up to throughout my stay:

Christmas Eve (December 24th)-- 
I get on the plane in Omaha....in a blizzard.  I get off the plane in NYC....in a heatwave.  Crazy planet!
When I arrived at my sister's apartment she had ordered us a huge feast of sushi and hot and sour soup (a Wright Family Christmas Eve tradition).  It was delicious...and I took a nap immediately after consuming the delicious food.
After we got up from the much needed naps, we got ready for church.  When my family visits NYC, we usually attend church at Trinity Church Wall Street.  Even if you don't want to attend church, it's still a cool place to visit....historically fascinating.  Moving on.....we attended Christmas Eve Mass at Trinity Church's St. Paul Chapel.  It was a beautiful service, and at the end we got an ornament. :)

Christmas Day (December 25th)--
This was a rather lazy day.  We woke up, FaceTimed our parents to open gifts, made pancakes, ate, and took a nap (we like our naps).  Later that afternoon we decided to get ready for our guests.  Yes, the Wright sister's were in charge of Christmas dinner (which we had never done, all on our own before).  It turned out great.  Much fun was had with friends new and old.

Saturday (December 26th)--
I LOVED THIS DAY!!!! We woke up pretty early because I had an appointment to get my hair cut/styled at Scott J. Aveda Salon (where my sister works).  I chopped off my long locks...for a very modern look that I want to call a "lob"....but that is probably not what it's called at all.....so ignore that.  Regardless of the name...I love it (see pictures below).

After getting fabulous and fancy at Scott J.'s--my sis took me to Tea & Sympathy where I had a lovely english breakfast consisting of tea (uh duh, fancy ginger), beans & toast, and sausage and bacon.  I could eat that every single day, if I knew it wouldn't lead to an early death due to clogged arteries.

Once we had finished our lovely brunch, we hopped on the subway and traveled to SOHO....for.....MANICURES AT BIRCHBOX.  You all know how much I love Birchbox....it's a no brainer that I would go to the store.  I got so many goodies, and the girls (and guys) that work there make everyone feel so pampered.  I recommend you all go there....now!!!

We then went to Free People, and I bought my sparkling NYE top (see pics).  I love Free People.  Prices are pretty comparable to Anthropologie.....so a little spendy....but great quality.

Next, my sister took me to Uniqlo....a clothing store which originated in Japan.  The clothes were great quality for such a good price!!! I got a pair of jeans, a flannel shirt and a 3/4 length t-shirt.

Let's just say that this day put me in shopping heaven.  I love shopping in SOHO, because it doesn't feel as crowded as it would if I were to shop on 34th St and 5th Avenue...yikes!!

We ended this day by going to the movie Sisters.  The theater we went to had recliners to sit on.  I felt like a queen...a queen sitting on a ......recliner.

********Update---I was going to upload photos for you on today's post...but my computer has decided to have a mind of it's own, and not allow that to happen. Today's pictures will be attached to Part 2.  Good Grief TECHNOLOGY****

Well that's all for now, fancy people.  I realized that my NYC adventures are taking a little longer to document.  I will be posting my adventures in 1 or 2 more posts.  Stay tuned---part 2 is up next.  What shenanigans will this Fancy Ginger get up to now?????

Until next time--stay fancy!



No comments:

Post a Comment