Sunday, January 17, 2016

To wash my hair, or not to wash my hair? That is the fancy question......

It's Sunday Funday!! Too bad it's a billion degrees below zero outside.  Although, to be honest--even if it were nicer out I would still be lying on my couch, having a Mel Brooks movie marathon.  I am onto Blazing Saddles.

This weekend started out with me seeing the current Oscar contender--The Revenant, with a good friend. We went because it was winning awards, and it had Leonardo DiCaprio.  LEO!!!  Turns out it is nothing like Titanic (just kidding, I knew it was going to be bloody and about Hugh Glass....I was trying to be cute.)?!?!?!  To say it was bloody, is a bit of an understatement.  It's also not historically accurate.  But, I can look past all of that, because it's Leo...gross, dirty, bloody, and bearded Leo..but still Leo.

Judging by what I just wrote, I would say it's safe to say that no one is going to be hiring me to write movie reviews any time soon.

Anywho....moving on to today's topic.......

*********************************************************************************
How often should you wash your hair?

I don't have an answer to that question, but I have been experimenting with not washing my hair as often as I used to.  I have heard from the unfortunate people who have to cut my hair (I have an odd shaped head), from friends, and other beauty bloggers/vloggers that one should not wash their hair every day.  I was told it would "strip my hair of it's natural oils."  

I ignored that advice for the majority of my life....until this summer.  I had grown up with the habit of needing to shampoo my hair (I didn't always condition regularly...I know....gasp) everyday.  However, I rediscovered my love of dry shampoos, and decided to try to only shampoo/condition my hair every other day.  

I did the every other day thing regularly, since June....and then I decided to push myself further.  Towards the end of December my hair was getting super dry...and nothing seemed to be working.  It was then that I decided to only shampoo/condition my hair 2 times a week.  On the days that I did not shampoo/condition I used dry shampoo to help keep my hair refreshed....and to manage excess oil...so I didn't look greasy. 

Cons of only washing your hair 2x per week (in a Fancy Ginger's opinion):
  • Your hair will look greasy, at first.  I figured it was my body's way of getting used to the new process....as well as telling me that I needed to find the right dry shampoo.
  • It is so hard to kick the habit of shampooing and conditioning every single day...or even every other day.
Pros of only washing your hair 2x per week (in a Fancy Ginger's opinion):
  • Less time getting ready on those mornings when you don't need to shampoo/condition my hair (which means I can stop at Starbucks on my way to work).
  • Your style holds much better.  If I decide to curl or make my hair wavy (which does not happen often at all)...it doesn't take as long to do, because of the oils in my hair.
  • I don't have to buy shampoo/conditioner as often.
  • After awhile, I don't look like such a grease ball.
  • My hair doesn't get frizzy, and it looks a lot healthier.
Conclusion:  I feel like I am way behind the times with this whole process.  But, I am glad I am doing this.  My hair looks and feels much healthier, and I think I have found products that really work for me.  For me...this works.  How often do you guys wash your hair? What tips do you have?

Here is what I use to shampoo/condition my hair (I alternate these products):
*********************************************************************************
Before I leave you--has anyone tried the website ShopAtHome.com? My mom introduced me to the site. I haven't actually used it yet, but I created an account.  Basically, the idea is you can shop online at your favorite stores (it seriously has every store you could want from Walmart to Nordstrom...and beyond), and you can earn cash back for shopping.  I don't know about you, but I like the idea of earning some money by spending some money.  

That is all for now.  Until next----cheers and stay fancy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment