I decided to get sushi for supper tonight. It's been a month since I have had sushi!! That is so crazy! I literally stuffed myself with sushi. It hurt--but it was a good hurt, you know what I mean?
*********************************************************************************
When trying to think of something to write about for Day #2 & Day#3 of Blogmas, the only thing I could think of was my hair....I know, so exciting. Not only am I the Fancy Ginger because it's a clever name, but I am really a ginger--if you haven't noticed already. I was born a ginger (redhead, for those of you who prefer that term), and have never had to dye my hair this glorious color....which, by the way, you won't find in any bottled hair dye or salon...trust me. I am lucky, but I didn't always think I was. **cue sad, after-school special, music**
Growing up, I went through a phase of wanting to have blond or brunette hair. There are just not that many redheads in the world....and especially where I grew and where I live now---we are the minority. However, I have grown to appreciate my ginger locks....especially now that they are growing increasingly lighter. Something, which I am told does happen to ginger hair...but I will not have gray hair--ginger hair doesn't turn gray (yay!).
*********************************************************************************
These days, the biggest dilemma I have with my hair, is not about the color (like I did when I was in my teens/early 20's), but rather if I should keep it long or short? This summer I chopped my hair off, and I really liked it that way for a week or 2...and then I wanted it grow it long again. Apparently, it takes hair a really long time to get long once you've chopped it all off. You would think I would learn my lesson, since I do this to myself EVERY SINGLE TIME!!!!
You see--I like to pretend that I can do fun braids with my hair (I can't french braid...but I fake it with a little twisting action)--this is VERY difficult to do with short hair. Don't get me wrong, I think short or medium hair is sooooo cute....on everyone else...but me. Does anyone else have these frustrations? Is this just me? This is such a random post.
On the other end of the spectrum...long hair is also frustrating. Because you have to really "try" to make it look nice...and I don't always like to brush my hair. It hurts and it's time consuming....this ginger is on the go..or just extremely lazy. Sometimes it's hard to tell.
But, I love long hair. It makes me feel like the Little Mermaid I find it's always a good thing to feel like a Disney character.
*********************************************************************************What has really helped me with my hair problems is...no surprise here...Birchbox! They have a ton of great hair tools/products for all different hair lengths/types. They also come out with regular tutorials on how to style your hair or use the different/new products they have.
I know I am kind of a broken record about this....don't worry, Birchbox doesn't pay me to say any of this stuff....I am just such a great fan. And, if you subscribe to their box (only $10/month for ladies!) you can get some samples of their and favorite hair products they offer in their shop.
I am also a huge fan of Aveda hair care products. Mainly because they are all natural, and they really do work. For the longest time I was using the Smoothing Shampoo and Conditioner (I just ran out), and it really did help to smooth and tame my thick locks.
As far as drug store brands go, I LOVE Tresemme. They are inexpensive products, but they work...and I think they smell great!
*********************************************************************************
There you go....completely random post for Blogmas Days #2 and #3, but hopefully you find it helpful. :) Now it's time for the fancy ginger to go to bed! Adios!
My hair is not quite Little Mermaid length, but it's getting there. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment