Let's get this party started.........
*********************************************************************************
December 2014 Birchbox
(Theme: Decked Out)
(This pic doesn't do the box justice....it was so pretty and fancy)
I am going to start off this un-boxing post by just stating that this was, hands down, my favorite box I received throughout 2014. I love everything I received this month, and that does not always happen. Don't get me wrong, I am a huge Birchbox fan, but every once-in-awhile I get something in my box that I do not care for, at all (e.g., eye-liner samples). But, for me, this month's box was on point.
Here is what I got:
Acure Organics, Sensitive Facial Cleanser- Full-size, $14.99- I have not had a chance to try this cleanser, but I am definitely excited to use it. According to the description on the tube, it's free of fragrances and has argan oil...which seems to be all the rage in skin and hair care, nowadays. Birchbox gave me a travel size tube of this cleanser, which will be perfect for my upcoming trip.
*****Hold on, JT's "Cry Me a River" just came on---I am jamming out, in a very brooding way right now....having a moment. Fancy Ginger trivia--- Justin was not actually my favorite *NSYNC member....he was #3. 1. Lance Bass 2. JC Chasez 3. Justin Timberlake 4. Joey Fatone 5. Chris Kirkpatrick (sorry Chris...someone had to be #5). I am sure I have a picture of my childhood bedroom, somewhere...it was definitely an *NSYNC shrine.***
And, I am back...
Benefit Cosmetics, They're Real! Mascara--Full-size, $23- I was crossing my fingers and toes, hoping I would get this in my box this month. I literally, jumped for joy when I saw it (it really doesn't take much to make me happy)! I am already a huge fan of Benefit, and I had only heard great things about their new mascara. I have used this mascara for a couple of days now, and it is amazing! It made me look like I had false lashes on, without all the mess of the glue (and let's be honest, I probably would have glued my eyes shut). My lashes looked so full and beautiful. I will definitely be purchasing this in the full-size version.
Dr. Jart+, Black Label Detox BB Beauty Balm- Full-size, $36- I really like Dr. Jart+ products. I wasn't sure how I would like the BB Beauty Balm, but I have used it on my face everyday since I got my box, and it is wonderful. It has SPF 25 in it, which is great for my fair-skin, and it just makes my skin look brighter, more even, and polished. I have a lot of Birchbox points and I am going to be using them to get this product in the full-size version. (For those of you who are Birchbox subscribers, did you know that you can get points for referring friends, reviewing the products in your box, and by purchasing items in the Birchbox shop?)
English Laundry, Signature for Her- Full-size, $70- This is such a lovely perfume. I actually layered it with my vanilla body-mist from Victoria's Secret (I know, big risk)--and it smelled great.
TONI&GUY, Prep Heat Protection Mist- Full-size, $15- This product smells SO GOOD! Let's be honest...all of TONI&GUY's products smell great. I don't know a whole lot about hair-care products, but one of the main things that will attract me to a hair-care line, is whether or not they smell great...not like a chemical. Not sure if that's an intelligent way to pick products...but that's the way this Fancy Ginger does it. :) I have spritzed this on my-hair before using my hair-dryer in the morning, and I have definitely noticed that my hair is softer and smoother. If you are looking for something to protect your hair from damaging heat--I highly recommend this product.
Gap & Birchbox-- I love both of these companies and nearly had a coronary when I found out that they had teamed up, and that I get $10 to spend at Gap--just for being a Birchbox Subscriber. YAY---it's a Fancy Ginger miracle.
If you are interested in finding out more about the products that I received in my December box, you can check out the Birchbox website.
*********************************************************************************
This week, I also received my order from Sephora (see my previous post)! I am not going to write about it, because I haven't tried it...since it's also a gift for my sister (spoiler alert). I purchased stila's Putting on the Glitz gift set. But here is what it looks like:
(Isn't it fancy? I also took a picture of the free samples I received from Sephora.)
*********************************************************************************
Thank you for reading. I think my next post is going to be all about packing for a trip...I am horrible at it. If anyone has any tips, please share! I always leave my packing to the very last minute, but I am determined to be a bit more organized this time...because I have no choice.
Just thinking about packing is getting me stressed. I need to go do some yoga, stat.
Stay fancy everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment