Sunday, March 1, 2015

Playing catch-up in a fancy way...

Happy Sunday everyone!  I really, truly meant to post on Wednesday...like I had promised...but yet again, I got sick.  This time a not-so-fancy cold/sinus thingy.  Yuck--but I am thankfully on the mend. :)

As the title indicates, today's post is all about catching up.  I am catching up in a multitude of ways.  I am catching up on my rest,  episodes of The Walking Dead  that I have missed, things I have meant to post about--but have neglected to do so for several weeks, and if I feel up to it later...I may catch up on my grocery shopping. It's a sad state of affairs in my refrigerator and kitchen cupboards at this time. I am living the dream, folks---living the dream. 

Despite the wretched illness that has plagued me for the past several days (sometimes I love being really dramatic...it adds fanciness to my ginger-ness)...I did manage to be somewhat productive this weekend.  I did a lot of grownup Fancy Ginger things--like my taxes (holla!....not sure if that's appropriate lingo/slang when talking about one's taxes..but I don't really care) and worked on some things for my job.

Enough of the boring chit-chat..now let's get to the fun stuff....

*********************************************************************************
What the Fancy Ginger got in the mail...

You all know how much I love Birchbox.  I am rather obsessed with this company.  You only need to read one of my posts to figure that out, because I am pretty sure I have talked about them in almost every single one of my posts (I have a one track mind). Early in February I received my monthly Birchbox, and it was amazing.  I loved everything in the box so much, that I decided to purchase some of the full-size versions of the sample products I received.  Here is what I purchased:

 (From left to right:  theBalm Cosmetics Read My Lips lip gloss in Boom, twistband specialty pack in Cozy, Not Soap, Radio Body Wash in The stuff that cupid dips his arrows in.  You can find all products shown here.

theBalm Cosmetics Read My Lips lip gloss (color-BOOM!-$15)- I am not normally a huge lip-gloss kinda girl, because they are usually sticky and goopy...to me...with way too much shine, for my liking.  I prefer lipsticks or lip stain.  But, I thought I would try something new--and I received a little sample size (in a different color) in my February Birchbox, and I didn't hate it. I really love red or plummy/wine colors--so I decided to get this lip gloss in BOOM!(a deep raisin/burgundy color).  I am in love with this lip gloss.  It has a huge color payout, it is NOT sticky or goopy (did I make that word up?), and it smells AMAZING.  I highly recommend this brand, if you are like me--a former lip gloss hater. :)

(Check out that beautiful color...it's actually a little darker than this in real life, but my phone camera had the flash on ....oops).

twistband Specialty Pack in cozy ($13)- Since I am growing out my hair, I like to put it up in a nice ponytail or messy bun, at times.  These hair-ties come in such fancy colors and don't pull on my hair like some other hair-ties do.  I also like wearing them on my wrist, because it likes pretty and fancy. 

Not Soap, Radio Body Wash in The stuff that cupid dips his arrows in. ($16)- I also received this in the travel-six version in my February Birchbox.  I like it because it is a multi-tasking product.  I can use it has a body wash or as a bath soak/bubble bath.  It smells like blackberry and vanilla....so yummy! :)

*********************************************************************************
Side note--- The Walking Dead is really making me feel all the feels,  at this time.  This post has taken me almost two hours, because these new episodes are just digging into my heart strings.  I am having moment...... or three.  
*********************************************************************************
Ok--I have to go.  Yet again, I have neglected to post on my Ipsy bag.  But, I promise I will at some point.  I hope you all have a lovely Sunday and a fancy week (IT'S MARCH!!!!).  

Cheers and stay fancy!



No comments:

Post a Comment