I was going to do a shopping/Birchbox haul post today, but I didn't quite get all of my pictures taken---again. I am going to blame the illness (I am really going to try to milk that for longer than I really should).
Oh--big update--I received my first Ipsy bag--and it is fabulous. I am hoping to put up a post about what I received, sometime this week. For those of you who are like 'what on earth is Ipsy?'---it's another beauty subscription service that costs $10/month. I have seen so many beauty vloggers and bloggers rave about both Birchbox and Ipsy, that I knew I just HAD to jump on that subscription bandwagon. It delivers 4-5 deluxe sample---full size products each month. Subscribers also get a new makeup bag each month (which I thinks is a bit much...so guess what my friends will be getting for their b-days....surprise :)). If you would like more info. on Ipsy, check out their website here. The site also shows you what was in this month's "glam bag."
***Side-note--has anyone else checked out the "rockstar" jeans at Old Navy??? I am in love...so comfortable...and yes...I feel like a rockstar when I wear them. Not to mention, they are super affordable.***
*********************************************************************************
This weekend really flew by. Why is it that weekends ALWAYS go so fast? I guess the old adage is true..time flies, when you're having fun.
On Friday, I went with my mom, her friends, and a good friend of mine to a painting event at our local area arts center. I NEVER liked to draw or paint when I was in middle or high school...and I only took Survey of Art in college because I knew it wouldn't require me to draw. But, I really like doing these events where you spend an evening with friends, chatting and painting a "brilliant" piece of art. They actually turn out really well...who knew!?!?!
Our theme for the painting we completed on Friday evening, was Georgia O'Keefe. There were a few things that I learned about myself during this painting sesh (I am going to shorten session from now on, because it's fancy): 1. I can't draw a circle...but I can draw and arch with a flat line at the bottom. 2. I am not Georgia O'Keefe (I know, big shocker there)...therefore there is no way I can draw a Georgia O'Keefe painting. 3. I can draw an Andrea Wright painting.
Here is my finished product....ta dah!!!!!!!
Maybe the Guggenheim will eventually want my version of a Georgia O'Keefe painting? #fancygingercandream
I spent Saturday evening with some lovely and dear friends, shopping and eating. My two favorite pastimes. It's just good to be able to spend time with friends chatting and relaxing....makes me wish that my bestie was nearby...and not so far. away I miss my fancy bestie. :( But, I am thankful that I have my friends here in town--because they are wonderful and fancy, as well.
Today I went to a musical with mis padres and my Grandpa---it was hilarious! It was called the "Church Basement Ladies in The Last Potluck Supper." Pretty sure I was the youngest person in the audience.....as the average age of their audience members appeared to be between 55 and 85.
And, now I am home...watching a horrible movie on the SyFy channel (I know, I should be watching "The Walking Dead"....just not feeling it right now). Even though this movie is horrible, I will most likely watch it to the end..because that's what I do. The SyFy channel never fails to suck me into their ridiculous "original" movies. However, if I am honest with myself, I actually really like them. I am in such a confusing mood right now.
*********************************************************************************
That is all from the Fancy Ginger tonight. I hope you have enjoyed this random post. I am hoping I will get my shopping/Birchbox haul and Ipsy post up by Wednesday......we shall see. You all know how awesome I am at keeping my promise, as to when I will be posting. My track record with that, isn't exactly stellar. But, you all are wonderful and understanding...and the Fancy Ginger loves you for that. :)
Have a wonderful evening and be kind to yourself. Cheers and stay fancy!
No comments:
Post a Comment