St. Patty's day is right around the corner. Does everyone have their green ready? I think this year I will be prepared (I am a ginger after all). Check out my new headband/hat (courtesy de mi madre):
(I am such a fancy lil' leprechaun! Top O' the Morning to ya'!)
*********************************************************************************
If you follow me on Instagram (@thefancyginger) or on Facebook, you know that I received A LOT of goodies in the mail. My Anthropologie order came in, and my monthly Birchbox arrived, as well. So without further delay, I present to you The Fancy Ginger Mail Haul:
March 2015 Birchbox
Theme: Creativity
(From left to right- Number 4 Clarifying Shampoo, amika Bombshell Blowout Spray, Whish Shave Savour Hair Inhibiting Gel, Smashbox Be Legendary Lip Gloss, Supergoop! Daily Correct CC Cream SPF 40)
All products can be found here.
amika Bombshell Blowout Spray- Full size, $24- Since I am a member of Birchbox Aces, I am able to pick one of the items I will receive in my subscription box (typically everything that you get, is a surprise to you....a.k.a...no choice), and this was what I chose to get. I love amika (yes, it's supposed to be a lower case "a") hair products. A few months ago I purchased their dry shampoo, and it was amazing--and smelled lovely. So, I was excited to be able to chose their blowout spray.
I am really lazy when it comes to blow-drying my hair. I love going to salon and getting my hair blown-out--but who has the time to do that on their own? Cue...this amazing product---all you have to do is spray this stuff from root to tip on different sections of your hair, and then blow dry like normal. I swear (gosh I wish I had a picture of this) I looked like I had just gone to the salon...but really, I did the same ole' lazy blow dry that I always do. I am definitely going to be purchasing this spray when I run out of the sample.
Number 4 Clarifying Shampoo- Full-size, $32-$72- I like Number 4 products.....I really do. Am I going to spend $32-$72 dollars on shampoo or conditioner? Nope. Honestly, this stuff was great, but I get the same results from Tresemme, for a fraction of the cost.
Smashbox Cosmetics Be Legendary Lip Gloss in Disco Rose- Full-size, $20- This is the first time I have ever tried any Smashbox brand cosmetics. I really liked the color of this lip gloss. It went on smooth, and stayed on. I think if I purchase this lip gloss in the future I will get it in a plum or deep red color.
Supergoop! Daily Correct CC Cream SPF 40- Fair/Light- Full-size, $32-- Ok, so remember a couple of month's ago when I was like "OMG, Dr. Jart Black Label BB Cream is the way to go"--I still stand by that brand for fall/winter SPF coverage?!?! However, Supergoop! is the way to go for spring/summer SPF coverage. I LOVE THIS STUFF. It can be worn as a primer or a foundation. Yesterday, I wore it as a foundation, and it was awesome. It had great coverage, not to mention, sun protection. When I run out of my Dr. Jart (which may take awhile), I will be purchasing this product.
Whish Shave Savour Hair Inhibiting Gel- Full-size, $26- I like Whish. Their products have fun scents and come in fun-packaging. Will I spend $26 on shave gel? Not right now. But, what I love about Birchbox, is they give you the opportunity to really try out these products. The sample sizes are not just one-time uses. They last almost the whole month, until you receive your next box. That way, you get to make an informed decision before purchasing anything.
**Side note-- I upgraded my Birchbox! Instead of receiving 5 travel/deluxe-sized samples for $10/month, I will now be receiving 2 full-size make-up or nail products, plus the 5 travel/deluxe-sized samples, for $30/month....YAY...I am such a happy Fancy Ginger! Not sure if this is a program offered to all Birchbox subscribers...but if so, I suggest you all check-it out!**
*********************************************************************************
Anthropologie Haul
Here is what I bought:
This dress is so cute. It comes up a bit in the front, and flares out. I think it will be really cute with my grey ankle books...or with a nude pair of heels (which you won't catch me in, because I fall flat on my face in those things). I just saw that it is no longer available on the Anthropologie website...a.k.a....it sold out. :( But, perhaps it is still in stores? It is a bit pricey, as most things in Anthropologie are, but the material is a good quality. I can't wait to have an occasion to wear. Perhaps my 30th birthday in 1 month..or on my trip to California. I am so excited to wear it.
(Left to Right- Lip Treatment Lip Sheer in Strawberry, and Blackberry & Wild Mint Soy Candle--both products can be found here.)
I will be completely honest, did I need another lip product/lip stick...nope. But, the packaging was too adorbs.---I just had to purchase it. I did however, need a springy-scented candle. I have been pleasantly surprised with this scent. It is so fresh, and leaves my apartment smelling absolutely splendid.
*********************************************************************************
There you have it, my "You've got fancy mail...haul." I am still waiting on my march Ipsy bag, which should be arriving tomorrow or Tuesday. I am so excited for it, because I cheated and looked at the preview of what I would be receiving this month. I will be sure to post about that bag when I receive it. :)
Oh, does anyone have any suggestions of what to do/see if one were to go to Chicago to celebrate her B-day? It has been several years since I have visited Chicago, and I am looking for some new/fresh places to go--and things to see. Also, any shopping tips for Chicago would be quite helpful.
Okie dokie--I have to go....tootles and stay fancy!
No comments:
Post a Comment