Saturday, January 24, 2015

Fancy January Birchbox Haul...

Good evening my dear fancy friends! I know it has been awhile since I put up a post.  No real good excuse, except I have been busy.  But, never fear, I do plan on posting on more of a regular basis from now on.  Hopefully I will be able to bust out at least 2 new posts per week.  We shall see.  

I cannot believe that January is almost over....2015 is going to fly by.  I am not sure how I feel about the month of January, in general.  The holidays are over...and if you live where I live....it's cold.  To me, it's just kind of a "blah" month.  Not really bad, but not really good either.  Do you know what I mean?

Despite the "blah-ness" that is January, in my mind----I was still able to have an AWESOMELY FANCY BIRCHBOX HAUL!  

*********************************************************************************

After my trip to the Soho Birchbox store, I ended up with a ton of points to use.  Between spending money at that store and reviewing products on the Birchbox website, it was really easy to rack up a lot of points.  Since my points were burning a hole in my pocket, I decided that I needed a little "January pick-me-up"----so I went to Birchbox.com and started shopping. :)

Here is what I purchased:

Benefit Benebalm-$19 Benefit is one of my all-time favorite brands ever.  Their tinted lip balms are amazing...and I am addicted to them (hmm...imagine that!).  I have purchased the Posiebalm (pink color) and the Lollibalm (purple orchid color)....and I loved them both.  So, I decided to purchase the Benebalm (their classic red-tint).  I love it.  If you are looking for a super-moisturizing lip-balm that gives your lips a hint of classic-red, this is the product for you. I know that when I am out of it, I will be re-purchasing this product.  It is that good!

Benefit BADgal Lash Waterproof Mascara- $19  Again....I just love Benefit!  I needed a new mascara, and I love their formula.  It does not clump, and it makes my lashes look long and voluminous (I am pulling out all the fancy words in this post...I know...impressive).  

Michael Todd True Organics Jojoba Charcoal Face Scrub- $18.50 I heard about this brand a few months ago while researching some new products to use on my face (yes...I really did a lot of research...I am a bit of a fancy nerd).  In countless beauty vlogs and blogs that I was perusing, this product always received rave reviews.  So, I decided to give it a try.  Since using it, my face has honestly never felt cleaner.  It gently exfoliates by face, and the charcoal removes any impurities in my skin.  I use this after my regular cleanser a couple of times a week.
 
Michael Todd True Organics Citrus Cream Moisturizer- $29 I needed a moisturizer...desperately. I was starting to use my scented body creams...see?....DESPERATE!!!  This is a great moisturizer.  It firms my skin, and keeps it moisturized all day.  Only down side...I am not a fan of the scent.  It's not that it smells bad, but I was expecting more of a Citrus-y fresh smell.  To me, this product doesn't really have a scent.  Maybe my nose isn't working right?


All of my beautiful fancy Birchbox purchases.  

*********************************************************************************
That's all she wrote, folks.  Hope you enjoyed this post.  Tomorrow I will post my January Birchbox un-boxing. :)  It was one of my favorite boxes this month, so stay tuned for that.  Also, a brief review on a couple of the books I have finished this month, is coming up. 

Now I must go and continue being a Fancy Ginger on a Saturday evening....whatever that means.  It sounds like I am going to do some exciting things---when the reality is that I am going to curl up on my couch read a book, and think deep thought.   Or try not to fall asleep before 9....yes...that happens.  

Cheers and stay fancy my people!


No comments:

Post a Comment