I got up at 6 am....seriously....and I decided to play Just Dance on my Wii (sorry neighbors). Then I went to the grocery store, because I needed toothpaste, AA batteries (really random)...and food. I went to the pharmacy---I did laundry---I paid my bills. Who is this girl???? You guys, I am so impressed with myself...and slightly frightened at how productive I actually was. Oh yeah...and I finished reading a book...say what?
Right now I am listening to BBMak Radio on Pandora. Mandy Moore is singing to me "Cry"--from the "A Walk to Remember" soundtrack. Who remembers that movie----and Shane West? *Sigh* Beautiful! Can you believe that movie is already 13 years old (I IMDB'd that little tidbit)? Can you believe that I will be 30 in less than 3 months? Neither can I. By the way, I will continue bringing up my impending birthday for the next couple of months. #sorrynotsorry
What was the point of this post? Oh yeah---my January Birchbox un-boxing........
*******************************************************************************
January 2015 Birchbox
Theme: 2015. Let's Do This.
Isn't it beautiful and fancy?
One of the many things I love about being a Birchbox subscriber is the fact that I always get emails with healthy lifestyle tips/challenges. I may not follow all of those tips/challenges...but I think about following them---and I feel that has to count, somewhat. Each day throughout the month of January, Birchbox has sent out a different healthy lifestyle challenge. They range from exercise challenges to switching up your diet. I may have only completed one challenge...and it probably had to do with food.
This month's box is one of my favorites. I haven't had the chance to use many of the products, but I am excited to start using them in the weeks ahead. Here is what I received in my box this month (all products can be found on the Birchbox website):
Curly Hair Solutions: Curl Keeper Gel- Full-size, $9.99-17.50 I don't really have curly-hair. However, when I let my hair air-dry it gets really wavy, so I am excited to see what the gel will do for my hair. The description of this product says it will take care of the frizz (which is good, because I have frizzy hair at times.....it's tough being a Fancy Ginger).
Karma Organic Spa: Soybean Oil and Tea Tree Oil Nail Polish Remover- Full-size, $12 I love painting my nails and using Jamberry nail wraps, but I hate the smell of nail-polish remover. This nail polish remover is non-toxic and smells wonderful. Not to mention---it works like a dream.
Manna Kadar: Lip Locked (All of You)- Full-size, $24 You all know that I am a lip product junkie, so I was over the moon when I saw this in my box. I have never tried any products from this cosmetics line, but I had read a ton of positive reviews. The color of this lip-stain is a little different than what I would normally use, but I will give it a whirl. It's a dusty rose/pink color.
Paula's Choice: RESIST Moisture Renewal Oil Booster- Full-size, $35 It seems that face/skin oils are all the rage anymore. I am always a little nervous when trying a face oil, because I am paranoid that I will breakout (I had really bad acne when I was younger...and those scars (mentally/physically) have never left). I put a few drops of this oil in my facial moisturizer (it told me to do that on the package...I am not that clever to make this stuff up), and was surprised at how light and non-greasy this left my skin. My skin looked refreshed and bright. :)
Whish: Three Whishes Body Butter (Lavender)- Full-size, $24 I really like this company. In my very first Birchbox I received shaving cream made by this company--it smelled like blueberries...I fell in love. Their body butter is so rich and the smell is amazing, without being overpowering. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!
*********************************************************************************
It is time for this Fancy Ginger to go and make a fancy little meal. I think I am going to have pasta of some sort...and a s'mores pop tart for dessert. Nothing but the best for The Fancy Ginger.
O.K.--seriously, I have to go---BSB is singing "More Than That".....oh all the feels.
Cheers and Stay Fancy.
No comments:
Post a Comment