It has been a long time since I posted, my dear fancy people! For that, I apologize. Does anyone else think that January is just a weird month? We just got done with some incredibly wonderful, and incredibly busy holidays...and now it's just....January. Maybe I am the only one who feels this way? I have been in a "fancy funk," as of late, and I apologize to my friends and family who have been missing my usual fanciness...but it is coming back (as if it ever truly left?).
*********************************************************************************
I have TWO NEW BIRCHBOX ORDERS IN THE MAIL!!!! Yay! One is my January subscription box, which looks amazing, and the other is an order I made using my points to purchase some fancy new products. I am so excited to share both orders with you. They should be here by the end of the week.
Also, I dumped my Boxycharm subscription. I just wasn't happy with it anymore. And, even though it offered full-sized products for $21/month, I was disappointed with the items I was getting. Just because something is a good deal, doesn't mean you should keep it. If you are a Boxycharm subscriber, and loving it...I am happy for you! :) It just wasn't for me.
On the upside, I did start a new beauty subscription service called Ipsy. I was actually going to sign up for this service, way back when I started my Birchbox subscription (almost 2 years ago), but the wait list was so long...and this Fancy Ginger was soooooo impatient. Just a little about Ipsy--it was co-founded by Michelle Phan, who blew up in the beauty industry with her youtube vlogs and tutorials. It's $10/month. Each month subscribers receive 4-5 beauty full-size or deluxe sample size products, in a cute little cosmetics bag. The first month I am scheduled to receive my subscription is February. I am just itching to share it with you all.
*********************************************************************************
I am reading a new book I bought this weekend---Yes Please by Amy Poehler. I am ALMOST done, and will be posting a review of the book, shortly. But, so far, I love it. I have been wanting to read this book since it came out a few months ago. It's hilarious, endearing, and insightful. I wish I could be as effortlessly witty and Miss Poehler....sigh....a Fancy Ginger can dream.
*********************************************************************************
My next post will be all about my BIRCHBOX ORDERS....they make me so happy. :) Also, we need to get cracking on what this Fancy Ginger should do for her 30th birthday. I really want to go some where...but where to go? I have been given several suggestions, which I will share in my next posts.
In the mean time....take care, fancy people. Be kind to yourself, and always stay fancy.
No comments:
Post a Comment