Sunday, September 27, 2015

Where have all the fancy pictures gone????

Good morning fancy people.  This is going to be a short post.  I received my new school pictures this week, so I had originally wanted to write a retrospective on my past school pictures.....the evolution of a fancy ginger.  But alas, I cannot seem to locate my school pictures from kindergarten thru 11th grade (don't worry, I have a senior picture....it's a gem :/ ).

I basically ransacked my parents home, trying to find these pictures.  I cannot find neither mine nor my sister's school pictures.  I told Papa Norm that "we just had these out for my high school graduation party." To which he replied "Fancy Ginger, that was a long time ago (12 years ago)." Touché, Papa Norm, touché.

I am going to be honest, I am never a fan of my school pictures.  They're not like selfies, where I can take a billion selfies...until I get one that I look remotely decent in---and then I can filter/edit it to death via Instagram.  I am not a "one shot wonder" when it comes to taking a picture.  On the other hand, I think almost everyone has some sort of horrific reaction when they first see their school pictures. Not because the picture is awful (most likely, it's a very lovely/adorable picture), but because it's more "high definition" than we were mentally prepared for.

When I received my school picture this week..the first word out of my mouth was "yikes!"  Do I really have wrinkles/crinkles around my eyes when I smile now?  I didn't know I had that many freckles?  Oh boy...my hair.

Now looking at my school picture, I realize I do not look like the monster I first thought I did when it came in this week.  I am more accepting of the lines around my eyes (although, thank goodness I received an eye cream in my Birchbox ;)), and I am a ginger...so I am going to have freckles. Acceptance is growth....so sayeth the Fancy Ginger.

I was able to locate a kindergarten picture (a small pocket sized one)...so here is a brief evolution of the Fancy Ginger (Age 5 and Age 30):

 Beautemous.....

All grown up....

Until next time...be kind to yourself and one another....and always stay fancy!



No comments:

Post a Comment