Saturday, June 13, 2015

The Fancy Ginger Presses Shuffle....

The Fancy Ginger is back!  I really truly meant to put up another post while I was still in California, but time slipped away, as it usually does.  I did come up with a couple of ideas for new posts while I was gone-- one of which I will share with you tonight.  

I had a wonderful time in California.....or what I like to call "the state with lovely weather and no humidity."  I feel like I could live there, and be really fancy.  But let's face it, I could be fancy anywhere (deflate that ego a little, Miss Fancy Ginger).  

While I was in the middle of the long train trip home (44 hours people!!!), I had a lot of time to think....and stare out the window.....and sleep.  Whilst I was thinking, I came up with the idea for this post.  My iTunes music collection has built up quite significantly, over time.  Some of the songs that are on my playlist have not been listened to in FOREVER (we're talking YEARS, people!!).  So, I thought it would be fun to press shuffle on my full playlist---talk about the first 10 songs that popped up on my shuffle, and why I downloaded them.  

I was a little scared to do this, because I know that deep down in the crevices of the iTunes playlist I have some really sketchy songs....that make me go "why did I think this was a good idea?"  Putting my fears aside here is the list:

*********************************************************************************
The Fancy Ginger's First 10 Songs on iTunes Shuffle

(My really artsy "I listen to music" picture.....lame...I know.)

In the order of how they came up on my phone...here are the songs:

1.  "Unconditionally" by Katy Perry-  I was going through a "Katy Perry" phase last summer, and downloaded like every song she ever made.  She's not even my favorite artist, so I am not sure why I went that cray cray. I do like this song because it is a sappy love song.  I am a sucker for love songs.  Case in point--I am still in love with "My Heart Will Go On" by Celine Dion.  Jack and Rose forever!  FYI--this song is no "My Heart Will Go On," but I it will do.  

2.  "December 1963 (Oh What A Night)" by Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons- I went to the movie the Jersey Boys last summer, and once again became an obsessed little ginger and downloaded the soundtrack.  This is one of my favorite songs from the soundtrack.  I love that it is so upbeat.  I can easily bust a move.  

3.  "One Thing" by One Direction-  Not ashamed to say that I have this song, along with several other  songs by 1D.  From NKOTB to *NSYNC to 1D--need I say more?  

4.  "From This Moment On" by Shania Twain-  I told you I had a thing for sappy love songs....don't be hatin'.  But seriously, this is a beautiful song.  I will ignore the fact that she is a country artist (I really don't like country music....obviously I make exceptions).  I like this song because it is your typical wedding song, she's Canadian, and she wore a pale green velvet dress in the music video...she looked like a goddess.  I know that goddess and green velvet don't always go together, but just check out the video on Youtube.  Seriously, life goals!!!

5.  "All About That Bass" by Meghan Trainor-  This song follows me EVERYWHERE!!!! It's on the radio, it's on a diaper commercial, it's in my brain!!!! I will be honest, I am little over this song.  Maybe not just a little...A LOT over it.  I do like her other songs, though.

6.  "Ghostbusters" by Ray Parker Jr.- When this song came on, I did a little fist pump into the hair (e.g., the ending frame from "Breakfast Club").  "Ghostbusters" is my favorite movie in the whole wide world.  I am thinking that this may be Ray Parker Jr.'s only hit, but don't quote me on that?!?!  I like to play this song when I am visiting my sister in NYC, and walking down the streets of New York.   When I entered the New York Public Libraryvfor the first time, you can bet I blasted this song in my ear buds. If you don't know why I did that, then you need to go rent "Ghostbusters" and study it.  That's your assignment from the Fancy Ginger.

7.  "My Love" by Justin Timberlake-  I love me some J. Timberlake.  He's my fave.  He can sing "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" and I will be like "THAT'S THE BEST SONG EVER!!!!"  This song is just so cool.  I don't know how else to explain it.  

8.  "Rush" by Aly & AJ-  I am not entirely sure why this song is in my collection.  It's not bad, but not really something I would buy.  I must have been in a mood. 

9.  "Two of Us" by Aimee Mann & Michael Penn-  This is  a cover of the great Beatle's song.  It's from the "I Am Sam" soundtrack.  I love that movie.  I love this version (although, not as much as the original).  Check out the movie if you haven't done so already. 

10.  "Paradise" by Coldplay-  My bestie Jacqueline will be so happy that Coldplay made my shuffle list--because she is a HUGE Coldplay fan.  In fact,  I am pretty sure I purchased it because of her.  I am easily influenced, but this is a good song.  

*********************************************************************************

So there you have it, the 10 songs that came up when I pressed shuffle.  I like doing fun little blog posts like this.  It's something different, than just talking about fashion and beauty.  If you like these types of posts, let me know.  I have some more ideas for future posts. :)

But, if you like to see what I get in my Ipsy and Birchbox subscriptions, don't worry.  I will still be posting those every month.  :)

Until next time, stay fancy!  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment