Thursday, June 4, 2015

California fanciness and shopping haul....

Fancy people of the world, I greet you warmly from the lovely state of California.  I am currently on vacay with some of mi familia, and we have been in Cali for approximately 3 days.   I could get really get used to this constant warm weather and low humidity (although, they are in desperate need of rain).

Aside from a minor first world technology issue (my phone decided not to work for a bit :( ---I may have been on the verge of a panic attack...how sad is that?), and a fear of falling out of my train bed (yes, we took the train, and I had the top bunk...how fancy), this has been a world class vacation. Our real reason for making the trek to California, was not just to be fancy and laid back, but my cousin is graduating from high school...which makes me feel really old.  Congrats cousin!

I plan on doing a few blog posts while I am out here in California, just to keep you all in the loop of this fancy ginger-ness.  Today's California blog is all about the shopping I have done here, so far.  In the city that my family lives in, there is a terrific outlet mall.  So naturally, my parents and I just spent two days shopping there (it's one of our many talents).  I love outlet malls......like truly love....bordering on obsession....I may have a problem. 

In case you have never been to an outlet mall, one of the great things about these types of malls is that you can go to higher end stores, but not spend the higher end prices.  Although, be cautious for what I like to call "outlet mall tricky-ness." If you are not careful,  and not reading closely enough, you could still be spending an arm and a leg on some items.  As with all shopping trips, always be sure to read the fine print. :)  

Now for the fun stuff......

*********************************************************************************
The Fancy Ginger's California Shopping Haul


Fossil tote bag-  Not sure if the picture really does this bag justice.  I think I am going to call it my Mary Poppins' bag, because I can literally fit everything in it.  This morning I packed all of my typical purse items, plus my laptop, a pair of jeans and a bottle of sunscreen (sun safety is important for pale people like me).  

 Kate Spade purse-- I think I will call this one Katherine the 5th.  I am obsessed with Kate Spade.  This purse will be perfect to bring when I have my continuous 30th birthday in Chi-town.  I am also going to bring my Kate Spade sushi clutch...because why not?  It's fancy.  
Levi Demi-Curve Jeans--  These jeans are so comfortable.  In order for me to buy a pair of jeans, they have to be durable to all of the random dance moves I might pull out of my arsenal.  Don't worry, I did some turns and kicks in the dressing room, just to be sure they could handle it.  However, these jeans offer a good lesson for why you should always read the fine print at an outlet mall.  I thought they were on sale for $19.99--they were not.  But, since they flowed with my dance moves, I got them anyways...they were still a good deal for Levi's.  

Banana Republic Outlet T-shirt Dress (I think I made that name up), and fancy Banana Republic Belt- This is such a simple dress.  Perfect for summer.  I added the belt, because that's what the mannequin had on it....and I have no original ideas when it comes to fashion.  

White House/Black Market Outlet shorts-  I apologize for the sideways picture.  It's right side up on my phone, but not here.  I got these shorts because they were $17....and because I liked the color.  They also allow for some sweet dance moves.  

J. Crew Factory Outlet coral top and navy "city" shorts-  I am in love with the color combo of navy and coral.  I think this outfit would be perfect for a nice, casual, and fancy evening out to dinner with friends.  

BareMinerals Outlet-  It wouldn't be a Fancy Ginger shopping trip without a trip to the nearest cosmetics stores. Who knew this store existed as an outlet? Not me!  I have never tried this kind of makeup--but they had awesome deals.  My mom and I both purchased makeup from here.  I got an eye shadow trio (complete with eye shadow primer and makeup brush), two sheer lipsticks (in berry and coral colors), and two eye liners (one black, and one navy--just for funsies).  I will try to post a review on my thoughts about this brand when I get home. :)

Side note------Many of these stores give discounts for military, educators, students,  and seniors.  All you need to bring is your military id, school id, or driver's license (depending on the type of discount you qualify for).  I would recommend asking in each store you go to, if they have one of these discounts--because they may not always have it advertised.  :)

*********************************************************************************
There you have it, my first post in California.  I hope you found it informative, entertaining, and fancy. ;)  Like I said before, I will try to post a couple of more blog entries while I am here.  

I am off to go pretend like I am a Californian now.  Cheers and stay fancy!

No comments:

Post a Comment