Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Post #2- Fancy subscriptions!

Lately, I have been super into subscription boxes.  I love them! I cannot get enough of them.  Literally,  they make every month feel like Christmas.  What I like about them is that they are affordable for a single-professional ginger, such as myself-and they make me feel like a fancy ginger. 

At the moment, I subscribe to two monthly health/beauty boxes: Birchbox and Boxycharm.  I have been receiving Birchbox for over a year and half, and Boxycharm is a new find for me--October  will be my third month receiving Boxycharm. Here is the lowdown on the subscriptions if you are interested in trying:

Birchbox- costs $10/month.  You get 4-5 delux or travel size samples of different luxury beauty products.  There is also a Men's subscription box (there you go fancy boys). If you really like the products you can buy the full size samples from the Birchbox website-www.birchbox.com.  Or, if you live in the NYC area, you can stop in their store and pick up some full size products or make your own box--how fun. The store is located in SoHo....and I really cannot contain my excitement, because I will be making a trip to that store in a couple of months.  They don't just sell health/beauty products, they also have household decor, kitchen accessories, apparel, etc.  I love Birchbox....I cannot say much more...it's an obsession.

Boxycharm- costs $21/month.  Each month the boxes contain 4-5 FULL SIZE luxury health/beauty products.  You guys, how ridiculous is that?!?!  My last two boxes have been filled with products worth over $100 each.  How do they do it?!?!?! I am literally perplexed and giddy all at once.  This is why I join these subscriptions--they make a Midwestern fancy ginger feel like she lives at Sephora and Ulta...without spending all my money.  Not to mention, the nearest Sephora and Ulta is over an hour's drive from where I live.  How cray is that?

I will be getting my October boxes in a couple of weeks--at which time I will post an un-boxing blog.  So, hold on to your fancy hats folks. 

My next blog will contain all of my current health/beauty/lifestyle favorites.  And don't think that I have forgotten my post about my top 5 favorite school pictures...it's going to be epic. I looked at my new pic again today and seriously scared myself.  I honestly don't know whether to laugh or hide from myself when I see that picture. I can't wait to show you all that masterpiece.  

It's time for me to go.  Please let me know some of your fave subscription boxes. Are there any more you would recommend I try...or stay away from?  Hasta luego!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment