March
March was like that scene in Wayne's World where Wayne and Garth are in front of the the green screen in their new t.v. studio, and the screen is flashing different, exciting vacation spots in the U.S. .....and then a picture of Delaware pops up....and they don't know how to make it exciting. March was Delaware for me. **Disclaimer---I have never been to Delaware...and my only impression of Delaware is from Wayne's World. I am sure Delaware is a lovely state, full of a lots of exciting places to visit. So, I apologize to all of the Delawarians for my skewed point of view.**
April
April is always my favorite month. It is my birth month, so naturally I consider it the most important month that ever existed. I turned 32.....which isn't normally exiting....but what was exciting is that my fam-bam and I all went on a vacation to the BAHAMAS!!!!! Of course prior to getting on our cruise to head to the Bahamas, we stopped at Wizarding World in Universal Studios (Orlando, por su puesto)!!!!!!!!!
Wizarding World, for lack of better words, was magical. My sister, dad and I are HUGE Harry Potter fans (and my mom just tolerates our fanaticism). I bought a wand....or shall I say the wand chose me ('cuz it did.....it really did). We went on all of the rides in the Wizarding World, cast spells (I am not joking), drank delicious butter beer (it tasted exactly how I thought it would...full of butterscotch goodness), went to Hogwarts.....and spent a ridiculous amount of $$$ on souvenirs. I highly recommend it....and I AM going back.
We stayed at this lovely resort in Universal Studios called Cabana Bay. It was all done up in a retro 50's/60's theme. My sister and I enjoyed traipsing around the resort, pretending we were from the 60's.....because we are just that cool.
Then came the cruise. The first day of the cruise was a blast. Elizabeth and I laid out by the pool, pretending we were going to get a tan (when in reality we had just slathered on the SPF 100), and just being fancy. We even classed up the way one does the evacuation drill that they make everyone do on the ship. FYI--you do NOT need to wear life jackets for the drill.....even though I insisted that we needed to (I am a cautious ginger).
We ate a fancy dinner and the my sister and I decided we would partake in various cruising activities (this was our first cruise). We sang karaoke ("Don't Stop Believing"...'cuz it's a crowd pleaser), and participated in a game called "Battle of the Sexes"....which turned out to be a bunch of little kid field day games, played by adults. Fun fact--my sister and I are experts/abnormally good at transferring a hula hoop over our bodies without using our hands......it was as if we had been practicing for that moment all of our lives.
The next day was my birthday, and I was SOOOOOOOO sick. I won't get into all of the details, but it wasn't pretty and it DEFINITELY wasn't fancy. I was sick the WHOLE day...which meant I missed the excursion into Nassau...but I did eventually go into Nassau with my family for my birthday dinner, which I didn't eat. Not sure what got me so sick, but I am thinking it may have been either a virus or food poisoning.
The next day I was still feeling pretty sick, but I was able to go to our next port-- Coco Cay. Our original excursion of snorkeling had been cancelled due to high wind, but we were still able to enjoy the day on the beach. Which was amazing, and I am so glad I went even if I wasn't feeling the best.
And then it was time to go home.....really the rest of April went by in a blur.
(From now on we shall only swim with these tire tubes.....total class.)
(Coco Cay was beautiful...even though I was puke-y.)
May
The first day of May came in with a little snow storm....seriously....why?????? Global warming!!! It was gross. I did a bit of shopping in May. Anthropologie had a wee bit of a sale, so I picked up some things for my home (see pics below). My mom and I found a new little lovely boutique in the small town of Freeman, South Dakota called Styled Sisters. Literally the SMALLEST shop in the world...but so worth the trip. I got a pair of jeans (seen below) and a cute top. The prices aren't bad either.
If you can't make it to Freeman for some shopping, you can check out their website for some online shopping.
Today I got my brows did.......I tint them so that I can actually see them #gingerprobs. I have been going to The Spa at Wynie Mae's in Vermillion for a year now. I think I mentioned them in one of my previous posts. They're an Aveda salon, and I am all about natural products for my skin and hair......so I picked up some goodies (of course). You should all check them out....it is super chic, but not super expensive.
(Jeans on right are by Kan-Kan. So stretchy and comfortable. I believe that they are supposed to be cropped jeans...but since I am short, they are just regular jeans on me :). Pictures show the rest of my goodies I have purchased in my haul(s). )
*********************************************************************************
There you go....an update of my life and adventures. I hope you all are well. Before we know it, it will be summer. Seriously, where does the time go?
As always, take care and be fancy!


No comments:
Post a Comment