Sunday, February 26, 2017

I don't know what to call this....

Good Morning and Happy Sunday everyone!

I feel like I just need/want to post something today...but I have no clue what topic(s) I am going to write about.  So this could be really interesting......

I am currently listening online to the 11:15 am (et) Holy Eucharist at Trinity Church Wall Street (I know....I am multi-tasking).  It's my Sunday morning semi-tradition (I am guilty of not always listening...but that's ok).  Trinity Wall Street just keeps me calm...and I felt I needed a calm morning.  There is so much hurt in our country, in our world.  I think everyone needs to find their "calm" in some way, every once in awhile--especially in these times. 

I have been called out on not talking about or addressing my thoughts regarding the world and our country via social media...by more than one person.  It has been said that by not posting my thoughts and opinions on social media, I am allowing social injustices to take place.  This really, really bothered me.  I was hurt that someone would think that I am that type of person to stay silent.  At the time, I was told to just "let it go."  Anyone who knows me, knows that I have issues with "letting things go."  I am an Aries....and a ginger.  I use those as excuses for my faults......they kind of work right?

I know that I already addressed this via Facebook, but I feel I just need to address my reasonings for not posting my opinions regarding politics and social injustices via Facebook and other social media sites that I am on, here on my blog:

When I joined Facebook (back in 2005......it's my 12 year anniversary....longest relationship ever!!!) and Twitter (back in 2009), it was to have fun, keep up with friends, and follow my favorite celebrities (Lance Bass once tweeted me.....and it made my life).  I also made sure that most of my posts on these sites were light hearted and fun....I just wanted to make people smile and laugh.  However, if my friends and family on these sites posted their opinions or thoughts on politics, religion, social causes, etc......more power to them.  In fact, I probably "liked" or "retweeted" those sentiments.  

I made a personal choice, a looooonnnnnnnnnggggg time ago to not post my thoughts regarding those topics. It was based on a bunch of things...my future career (even though, I didn't know what that was back then) and how comfortable I was regarding said topics.  It was nothing against anyone who does, but it was MY CHOICE.  I made the choice that if anyone really wanted to know how I feel about something, whether it's politics, religion, social causes, or what new makeup I am really into.....they can talk to me about it.....in real life. Again, that is my choice (how many times can I say choice in one paragraph)...everyone chooses to make their voice heard in different ways (e.g., social media, writing blog posts, or in person).  This should be respected. 

I am not silent regarding things that I deem unjust.  Far from it.  I talk, I give money (although, not as much as I would like) to social justice causes every month, I send smart-sounding emails, and so on.  I don't know why I feel I have to justify myself for my silence on social media.  I take things too personally, I know.  But, I feel better now that I have written about it.  Thanks for humoring me.

*********************************************************************************
In other news, I am still the queen of subscription services.  I currently do Blue Apron, which has revolutionized the way I eat (if anyone wants to try a free week of meals, let me know....and I will send you a link).  It has made me a master chef in my mind.  And, I don't have to go grocery shopping, because everything is delivered right to my door.  

I also do Play by Sephora ($10/month...5 deluxe samples)....I haven't received anything yet, but I am super excited.  Does anyone else get that subscription? It looked intriguing, so I did...and it gives my Sephora points every month (bonus!!!).  

I get a new Stitch Fix every 3-4 months.....my wardrobe looks amazing.  I still do Birchbox ($10/month....LOVE IT).  Birchbox now sells M.A.C. cosmetics...which is like the best news ever for a Fancy Ginger!!!!!! Fun fact:  Did you know that M.A.C and AVEDA are owned by the same company.....Estee Lauder?????? #themoreyouknow

I also recently subscribed to Amazon Prime....I finally feel like a grown-up.  

Oh..and I am turning 32 in a month and a half.  I love even numbered birthdays so much more than odd numbered.  If I am not turning an even numbered year, than I prefer to be a multiple of 5.  

I know...I am weird. 

Thanks for listening to my rantings/ravings today.  Have a wonderful and fancy Sunday.  

Remember...be kind to one another.  

Here is a random photo of me:




No comments:

Post a Comment