I know in this blog I post a lot of things that I find in name brand stores or on the internet. I do get a little self-conscious about posting things that I buy, because I don't want people to think that all I do is shop---I promise I have more hobbies than just shopping :). I also don't want people to think that I just shop at a store because of it's name. I am a well-rounded Fancy Ginger. Besides, I get A LOT of requests for these shopping hauls.
Disclaimer--I do this all on a budget. If what I want to buy goes over my budget, I won't get it. I have more important things to spend my money on than just clothes--but every once-in-awhile I need to treat myself.
Whether it's clothes, beauty supplies, concerts, travel, food, books, movies, etc.---make sure that you try to save a little to treat yourself.
The clothing that is on this post, is all stuff that I bought last month from local "sources." :)
*********************************************************************************
Shopping Local
I live in a good-sized town (under South Dakota standards), but it can be hard to shop locally--especially when it comes to shopping for clothes and home goods/accessories, etc. Often times one is forced to travel out of town or even out of state to get what they need, or shop via the internet--where you have to trust the little picture on the screen. However, my hometown and my state have a few gems that I will share today.
Another disclaimer- Boutique shopping has pro's and con's. Pro's- they only buy a few of each item, so you know that what you are getting is something that is unique, and not many people in your town will own. The clothing is usually good quality and will last a long time. Con's- they only buy a few of each item, which means they can run out quite fast, or not carry the size you need. Also, they tend to be a little more spendy, depending on what you are looking for.
I bought this at a boutique called Head 2 Heels. It reminded me of a sailor/nautical top. It is loose fitting and comfortable. You can easily wear with jeans or shorts. Dress it up or Dress it down.
Aww...look at that Fancy Ginger. All I am missing is a little sailor hat. How cute would that be??
I bought this romper at a local boutique called Riverside Boutique, which is a cute little store right next to Head 2 Heels in downtown Yankton, SD. It sells clothes for women and children. I wasn't so sure about even trying on this romper, because I am short and was just afraid it would fit me wrong. But, my mom convinced me to try it on, and I am glad she did. It fit perfectly (sorry I have no photo of me actually wearing this). Bonus--it has pockets. I wore this on the 4th of July and received a lot of compliments. It is just super comfortable. If you are interested in checking out Riverside Boutique click here.
I bought this online from an online clothing boutique called Filly Flair. I feel like I am the last person on the planet to find out about this site, but it is amazing. The reason why I am putting them under my local finds, is because they are actually based out of a town in South Dakota, not far from where I live. They ship all over the country and world, and are super affordable. Pretty sure this maxi dress was $36-$38. I think this dress is perfect for summer. It's nice and light. I plan on taking it with me when I go on vacation at the end of the month. :)
Filly Flair has so many cute things on their site, you MUST check it out! I am constantly restraining myself from buying everything. If you are interested in Filly Flair click here
Not the best picture of me...but it at least shows most of the dress. Boom...Fancy Ginger!
*********************************************************************************
Well, so much for not rambling-eh? I think my next post will be on living healthy...or healthier. I have made a lot of lifestyle changes in the past couple of months, and I am going to let you all know how it's going. That sounds like a grand plan, doesn't it?
Until next time, cheers and stay fancy!

No comments:
Post a Comment