Saturday, July 25, 2015

Fancy meanderings...July Ipsy/Birchbox review.....

I am doing what all of the cool kids do on a Saturday evening, in the summer....blogging.  I am also listening to the Spotify US top 50 station, and I really just want to barf at how much I actually like these songs.  I wish I was into obscure bands and alternative music, that no one's ever heard about.  It might actually add depth to this fancy blog.  But alas, I am a pop culture fiend.  It's o.k...I was born this way.

Time is flying, this summer.  This has been a really good summer for the Fancy Ginger.  I have done a lot of fun and different things that I normally wouldn't do.  For instance, I wore a white dress (no, not that kind of white dress....I am still a single ginger).  I had to buy a white dress-which I normally wouldn't do, because I am sooooo pale, that all you would see is this blank slate of paleness and flaming ginger hair at the top.  In my mind (which I exaggerate things a lot), I look like the Olympic torch when I wear white.

Anywho, I wore it for this wonderful event/fundraiser that the Yankton Area Arts Association puts on called Meridian en Blanc.  It was a great evening of music, food, and fun.  I am so glad I was able to apart of it and help out. And...I think I looked pretty decent in that white dress. It cured my phobia towards white dresses, and white clothing in general.  Moral of the story:  don't knock it 'til you try it.
  A picture of the fancy venue.  It was so beautiful.

Shall we get to the actual reason for this post???????

*********************************************************************************
What I received in my July 2015 Ipsy Glambag:

Really quick---If it is your first time reading the Fancy Ginger blog, welcome.  Just some info. on Ipsy--It is a subscription service that costs $10/month.  For $10 you will received 4-5 beauty products in a specially designed makeup bag.  The $10 includes shipping, and you can cancel anytime. If you are interested in checking Ipsy out, click here. 



Teeez Read My Lips Lipstick in Killing Me Softly:  One of the things I love about Ipsy, is that they never cease to introduce me to brands that I have never heard of in the beauty world.  This brand, Teeez is based in The Netherlands.  I love this lipstick.  I have worn it a few times, and it is moisturizing and really long lasting.....highly pigmented. The color that I received is a pink/red/coral color.  I wasn't really sure how to describe it, so hopefully that covers everything.  It's perfect for summer.

Ofra Eyeshadow & Highlighter in Bliss:  I have not had a chance to try this product out.  But, when I swatched it on my hand it showed up as a shimmery rose-gold color. Very pretty.

Jersey Shore Sun Mongongo Anti-aging Lip Conditioner in Coconut Cream:  Although this product has the LONGEST NAME EVER...I love it.  It smells amazing, and it's anti-aging????? Say what? It's a winner!

City Color HD Powder:  I am really not sure what HD Powder is for...I need to do a little research.  But, I am assuming this will make it so I don't have to filter my selfies to death before I post them?  Here's hoping! ;)

I loved this month's glambag.  The makeup bag is killer and everything I received this month is on point.  Bravo Ipsy!

*********************************************************************************
What I received in my July 2015 Birchbox:

Again, if you are a new to my blog Birchbox is a monthly subscription service that costs $10/month (shipping included).  The company also gives you the opportunity to upgrade to $30/month and received 2 full-size nail or makeup products (I am doing the upgraded subscription).  You can cancel this service at anytime.  If you are interested in subscribing to Birchbox click here.  They also have a men's subscription service.  My Dad currently receives the men's subscription, and he loves it!




Dr. Jart+ Ceramidin Liquid- Full-size, $39:  No joke, this is probably the best moisturizer I have ever used on my face.  It is so light, and not greasy.  I have used this a couple of days in a row now, and my face looks so good.  That sounded really conceded..but this stuff is great.  A little bit goes a long way.  I think that this sample will last me a LONG time.

Oribe Apres Beach Wave and Shine Spray- Full-size, $22-$39:  Does heaven have a smell?  Yes, it does...it's this stuff.  It smells like sunshine, smiles, and happiness.  I am not even sure if it actually does what it says it should (make texturized/beachy waves).  You know what?  I don't care....I would purchase this product simply because it smells like amazing-ness.

dr. brandt Microdermabrasion skin exfoliant- Full-size, $78: Can we just discuss for a moment, how expensive this product is?  Realistically, I am never going to buy this exfoliant.  I just cannot justify spending $78 for a face wash (this is a personal opinion, of course).  That said, it is really good. It brightened my skin, and left it feeling very soft.  If this is in your budget, I would highly recommend it.  This Fancy Ginger is going to savor the sample, for now.

StiVectin-AR Advanced Retinol Eye Treatment- Full-size, $75:  Again, will I ever buy $75 eye cream?  Probably not in the near future.  Good news...the sample size will last me a month or two.  I just started using it, and I am not sure if my eyes look more youthful yet, but it does moisturize that area.  I will let you know how it goes.

stila Look At Me Liquid Lipstick Trio- set of 3, $20: I have been wanting this lipstick for SOOOOOOO LONG.  I got really excited when Birchbox said that each of it's subscribers were going to receive one of the lipsticks.  I received the color Venizia--a coral color.  It is
beautiful.  However, liquid lipstick is serious business for someone who has never used it prior to receiving this travel size.  It drys really quickly, and it stays on FOREVER.  I plan on getting some more of these in some different colors.  The formula is great...but a bit drying on the lips.

Laura Geller Beauty Bronze-n-Brighten- Full-size, $33-  This was one of the full-size makeup products I received.  It came in the color medium.  I love this stuff.  It is a matte bronzer and it warms my face up perfectly.  I think it would work for a wide range of skin colors, too.

Smashbox Cosmetics Full Exposure Mascara- Full-size, $20-  I also received this in the full-size version.  It is in the color jet black.  Is it better than any other mascara that I have tried?  In my opinion, no.  But, it does what it needs to do, and it's full-size.  So, I feel like a winner.

Loved my Birchbox this month.  I saw a preview of August's box.....so exciting.  It's a nautical/swimming theme.  Everyone knows how much I love a good nautical theme.

*********************************************************************************
Holy schmoly this was a long post.  I hope it was deeply educational, blah, blah, blah.  I go on my last vacay for the summer really soon, so I will be sure to post on my upcoming adventures.  Until next time:  Cheers and stay fancy!

No comments:

Post a Comment