Sunday, April 26, 2015

Being 30 and being fancy...

Happy Sunday Funday everyone!  This has been such a refreshing weekend for me.  It was the first time in quite awhile that I really didn't have any commitments to attend.  It was nice to just mess around in my own home, drink coffee, take nap(s)(yes....there may have been multiple naps taken), catch up on some stuff for work, and watch really awful movies (this is one of my favorite things to do...watching poorly made movies....seriously. :)).   

I have now been 30 for 11 days, and I am just going to say that I think it suits me...not that I have any choice in the matter.  Other than adding another year to my life, I don't feel any different.  I thought that maybe on my birthday I would wake up with an epiphany...and just know stuff----you know what I mean?  Alas, such an enlightenment or epiphany has yet to occur.  But, I LOVE being 30.  I knew I would.  I just knew it!  Which is why I am celebrating my 30th for a whole year.  I am so glad that I have such wonderful friends and family who are going to help me celebrate, by doing one of the things I love the most--travel. :)

I CANNOT wait to share stories of my travels with all of you in the coming months.  

 By the way, this is what 30 looks like for a Fancy Ginger...senior picture poses and all.

Good news--I am still fancy at 30.  Was there ever any doubt that I wouldn't be? ;)

Side note--I am listening to my Beatle's Pandora station and I just love John Lennon's voice...seriously...chills.  

Now on to some fun Fancy Ginger things....

*********************************************************************************
Fun Fancy Ginger Things that I got in the mail, recently.....

(From L to R Ipsy April bag, Birchbox Limited Edition Lovely Day box, Birchbox April Box)

As you can tell, I received a lot of fun things in the mail, recently.  My Ipsy bag and April Birchbox came in the same week, and on Wednesday I received the Lovely Day box.  Every month is like Christmas when you join these subscriptions.  A reminder that Ipsy and Birchbox are $10/month (I have upgraded to the $30/month Birchbox, though). 

Ipsy April Bag (Bohemian theme)
(I realize that I didn't picture all of the items I received.  I also received some hot pink nail polish and an Eyeshadow/crease brush in this bag)

I love Ipsy.  Their makeup bags are so cute, and you get a new one each month.  

Some of the things that I received in this month's bag include Klorane's dry shampoo, MICA Beauty Cosmetics eye primer, Hikari's blush in tango, and theBalm cosmetics Nude Dude eyeshadow in Flirty.  I received the dry shampoo in a previous Bircbox, and I love it.  It's always good to have a travel-sized dry shampoo on hand.  I also received the eye primer in a previous Boxycharm box.  This  eye primer is something I use every day.  It is wonderful.  It keeps my eye makeup on ALL DAY.  I highly recommend it, however I believe that if you buy it alone it costs $44, which is a lot of money to spend on a little eye primer.  That's why these subscriptions really pay off. :)  

My favorite thing in the April bag was the eyeshadow.  It's a very pretty plum/grey color, and it has some lovely shimmer.  I am considering buying the whole set of these nude shadows, because they all look amazing.  theBalm is one of my favorite makeup brands, ever.  Their packaging is so cute.  The color payoff on their products is awesome!  One of my favorite products of theirs is the How About Them Apples cheek/lip color.  Check it out here  

If you would like to subscribe to Ipsy you can click here.

How pretty is this month's box?  Birchbox teamed up with Rifle Paper Co. to create this beautiful box.  Rifle Paper Co. makes the prettiest stationary ever. Their prints are so unique---I love them.  

Disclaimer--this was the first month that I upgraded to the $30/month box which gave me 2 full-sized items in addition to my regular samples.  Here is what I got:

Beaver Professional Hydro Nutritive Mosturizing Shampoo and Repairing Conditioner, Full-size- $15/$16-  I love shampoo/conditioner samples.  They are perfect for traveling...and that is exactly what I am using these items for.  They smell so good, which is a plus.  Other than that, I don't know a whole lot about this brand.  I am eager to use them. :)

Jane Iredale Just Kissed Lip and Cheek Stain, Full-size- $25-  First of all, this smelled amazing....is that weird to say about a lip/cheek stain?  Secondly, this is a deceiving little package.  When I opened up the little sample, I thought 'oh no, I got a weird clear/peach color...and it says its supposed to be in Forever Pink.'  But, when I applied this to my lips and cheeks it created a lovely pink glow.  This stuff works with your natural tones to create the perfect flush for you.  AWESOME!!!

Jouer Tint, Full-size- $22-  The color I received was Petal, which is a dusty peach/pink color.  I love Jouer--their products are so well made, and that goes for their tint.  It gave my cheeks and lips a pop of color without going overboard.

Paula's Choice RESIST 25% Vitamin C Spot Treatment, Full-size- $55- I have yet to try this product.  But, it looks fancy.  I probably won't ever buy the full-size....unless it turns out to be REALLY REALLY amazing....it's just a wee-bit spendy.  We'll see. 

Full-size products:

Lord & Berry Back in Black High Performance Mascara, Full-size- $23- Ummm yes....this mascara is the best.  The wand looks a little funky, but do not be deceived.  This stuff is legit.  It makes my lashes look sooooooo long. 

Smith & Cult, Full-size- $18- I have not used this polish yet, but I received the color Pillow Pie--which is a pale pink color.  It comes in really fancy packaging, so I am super excited to give it a whirl.  

The Lovely Day Limited Edition Box.  I purchased this using the gift card I received from my lovely sister for my Birthday. :)

Birchbox comes out with different limited edition boxes almost every month.  When I saw what was in this box, I new I had to get it.  I won't go over everything that is in it.  If you are curious about what comes in the box click here.  Some of my favorite things in the box include the candle, tea, lipstick (duh), and nail polish.  I really loved the whole thing.  I believe everything is worth up to $180, but the box is around $60.  

If you would like to subscribe to Birchbox or just check out their website click here .  They have things for Men and Women, home decor, cooking, apparel, etc.  It's probably my favorite website in the whole wide world.  In case you couldn't figure that out. ;)

*********************************************************************************
Well, I wish I had some deep wisdom to impart upon you all, now that I am 30.  But, I really don't.  I have spent 30 years trying to figure myself and this world out.  I imagine that I will spend at least the next 30 years, and beyond- doing the same.  

What I do know is that you have to do things that make you happy.  When I was younger I thought in terms of "doing things by the time I am 30."  I wanted to be married, have kids, have a few degrees and be gainfully/happily employed by the time I am 30.  Well, I have successfully done the last 2 items on that list, but in case you weren't aware--I am not married, nor do I have my own children at this time.  And that is o.k.  I am happy, and that's what is important.  I hope to accomplish those other items at some point in my life--but I am not in a rush.  

I guess what I am trying to say is--30 is just the beginning for this Fancy Ginger.  

Cheers and stay fancy!











No comments:

Post a Comment