Don't worry, I have plenty of beauty, fashion, and interior design (yes, I am getting super fancy) items to write about in my next post. My April Birchbox is coming this week (happy birthday to me), and the previews look amazing. My Ipsy subscription bag should also be coming, and my first CAbi clothing order will also be here. I am so excited to share all of that with you soon. But now, onto my 30 things.....
*********************************************************************************
30 things I have learned in 30 fancy years...
(A reflection on the life of a Fancy Ginger, thus far....in no particular order)
1. Own your awkwardness- I am an awkward person, and that is O.K. I have noticed that no matter how many years go by, that aspect of my personality never seems to fade. When I was younger, I was so desperate to erase that part of my personality (which, of course, made me more awkward). Now I am proud of it.
2. My sister will become one of my best friends- We may not always agree....but she's the best sistah I could ask for. We are a pair of fierce ginger sisters. She tells me when I am looking like a hott mess...and I appreciate that.
3. Listen to your parents- Even though they are old (haha j/k), they always have good advice..even if I don't always want to hear it.
4. You will eventually have to learn how to drive, no matter how hard you fight it--- and believe me, I fought it. But, when you live in an area of the country where towns average 60 miles apart from each other, and there is little to no public transportation available...it's either put on my walking shoes, or learn the difference between the accelerator and the brake peddle.
5. Parallel parking is a necessary skill, despite what you were told in Driver's Ed- I am fairly certain my instructor told me this, just to save his own life. I was not a good driver...and when it came to the parking portion...we didn't spend as long on the parallel parking part as I probably needed. I totally understand. Don't get me wrong, I can parallel park, but I am not the best at it (that may be putting it lightly).
6. Having a phobia of butterflies is only cute when you are 2- Actually, I am not even sure it was cute then...but alas, I am still afraid of butterflies Don't ask.
7. School will be fun for you, eventually- I remember thinking in elementary school, that I cannot wait to get out of school and never come back. Little did I know, I would end up being in school through age 26. I love learning, and just couldn't get enough.
8. Being pale rocks!
9. Wear sunscreen- see #8
10. Being on stage is the most fun you have...ever...in life-- Whether it was for acting, singing or dancing, all of my best memories are held on the stage. I love it. And although, it makes me feel like I need to puke before I go on, once I am up on stage---it's the best.
11. You will live---even if you don't get all A's in your classes- Seems ridiculous to even write about this now, but when I was younger that was hard for me to accept.
12. Perfectionism is highly overrated- I used to think that I NEEDED to get A's in every class/course in high school/college......I had to get over that right away. Case in point--my freshman year in college. I won't go into detail, but I did not get an A in all of my classes...that much is for sure. You do not need to be perfect. Just be you (getting really deep here).
13. Lipstick is not the enemy- Believe it or not, I used to be against wearing lipstick. I thought it made me look like a clown. My goodness, how times have changed. I am obsessed with the stuff.
14. No matter how bad your day is, The Beatles will always make it better- For real!
15. I love to travel- However, I do prefer plane or train travel, over an old-fashioned road trip via car.
16. Don't hold grudges- Life is too short, and it's just not worth it to stay upset at someone or something. I struggle with this, but I am getting better. :)
17. Don't be lazy, use conditioner in your hair after you shampoo- Seriously...life changer. I just started using conditioner in my hair a few years ago (I know, I am so ashamed).
18. Don't wash your hair everyday- I am working on this....but it is so hard. I have such a habit of washing my hair everyday, but I know it is not good for it.
19. Read often- When I was younger, I never read any books. I thought they were boring. But, I realized I just didn't find the books that I like to read. Now, I LOVE reading...and I wish I had more time to read. Thank goodness summer is coming soon. :)
20. You don't have to belong to a gym to exercise.
21. A clean house makes me happy- I love to clean!
22. Justin Timberlake won't always have a curly, bleach-blond fro- that you find highly un-attractive- THANK GOODNESS 1999-2000 has passed!!
23. *NSYNC will (probably) never get together- Makes me sad just typing that. But, I am turning 30, so it's time for me to be a little realistic. But, there is always hope...right guys?
24. Busting out a random move makes the day better.
25. It's good to stick to a budget- This is a must for a Fancy Ginger...and for anyone, really. Don't live beyond your means...no matter how much you want to.
26. Student Loans take a long time to "go-away"- Bummer...but sooooooo true!
27. Some of the best friendships you have will be formed at the end or after college- Amen!
28. I should probably learn how to check my tire pressure- Seems like a practical and necessary thing to learn. While I am at it, I should probably know how to properly check my oil. #andreaturns30
29. "Love is All You Need"- The Beatles-- No explanation needed.
30. Be kind to yourself.
*********************************************************************************
There you have it....my list. Thank you for reading. I can't wait to update you all on how life is like after I turn 30. And of course, I will give you a Birchbox/Ipsy update soon. :) Cheers and Stay Fancy!
A Fancy Ginger and her Fancy Ginger sister in 1992....wearing makeup.
No comments:
Post a Comment