Saturday, May 28, 2016

The Truth About Gingers.....

Happy Saturday to one and all.  Has it really been two months since my last post?  I have been a busy little ginger.  But now that it is summer break, I have a little time to update this wee little blog of mine.  What are all of you doing on this Saturday evening? Anyone else binge watching Ghost Adventures, and painting their nails, whilst checking Facebook every 10 seconds?  No?  Just me?  You're missing out!

To get me back on track with this blogging thing, I posted on Facebook a request for some ideas.  The ones I received were all great, so I thought I would just discuss all of them in this post.  After all...it has been two months...I have a lot of catching up to do. :/

Here are the topics I shall be discussing in this post:

1. Facts about gingers that people don't already know.
2. Signs of the zodiac
3.  My babysitting adventures

*********************************************************************************
The Truth About Gingers

Really, what can I say to you all about gingers that hasn't already been said?  Probably nothing........so I am just going to talk about myself as a ginger....give you some facts.

1.  I was born a ginger....au naturale.  
2.  Both my sister and I are gingers with blue eyes.  This is a very rare combination, most gingers actually have green eyes...or hazel eyes (like Papa Norm).
3.  I do not tan...I burn...and then I turn pale.  This is why I am constantly slathering on SPF 10000.  If you ever seen me looking tan....know that it is fake.  
4.  Not only is my sister a ginger, but my parents were both gingers (my Dad now has platinum blonde hair, and my Mom turned into a brunette).  My Grandpa on my Dad's side was a ginger (his nickname was Red...did I already tell you guys that?  I also have cousins who have ginger hair.  I am pretty sure that my family is the only reason why there are gingers in the world...truth.))
5.  Gingers do have bad tempers (not a stereotype......don't make us mad!!!).
6.  Gingers are a lot of fun! 
7.  Gingers don't go grey...they go white....or what I like to call....platinum blonde.
8.  My eyebrows are very blonde....not ginger....isn't that interesting?
9.  I have some freckles on my face...but not that many on my body. Some gingers are covered in freckles (aka Papa Norm....although they have all melted together...so he looks permanently tan).
10.  We are not evil, being ginger is not a disease....it is a blessing...don't make me mad.
11.  Gingers are great dancers (I swear that's the truth).
12.  Ariel is the best Disney princess, and a ginger.  Coincidence?  I think not!

There you have it...facts about Gingers.  Disclaimer:  I did no real research for this....most of this is my opinion.  
*********************************************************************************
Signs of the Zodiac

I love discussing things and pretending I am an expert in certain topics....like this one.....signs of the zodiac.  Here is what I know about the zodiac....we are all born under a different sign.  That is probably the extent of my knowledge.  But, since I am pretending to be an expert...I am just going to ramble on.

I am an Aries, which is a ram.  We are supposed to be stubborn, strong and good leaders (although, I really hate being a leader of anything.....too much pressure).  I have no clue what signs are compatible with an Aries.  Just know that if we don't click or get a long...I assume that our signs aren't compatible.  It's a very scientific process.  Although, if I am honest, I can probably get along with anyone (is that too boastful?).  

I always thought I was born under the wrong sign....which I kinda was...because I was a premie.  If I would have been born on my actual due date I would have been a Gemini (May 21-June 20).  But whatev'.

I am religious at checking my zodiac sign in the local newspaper everyday, and seeing how many "stars" my day is rated.  If it says I am having a 3-star day...I am immediately bummed out. If I have a 4 or 5-star day....I am on top of the world.  It's a really clever process, because I turn whatever star day it is for me, into a self-fulling prophecy.  Silly Fancy Ginger.

What is your Zodiac sign?  Do you feel like it fits you?  

*********************************************************************************
Adventures in Babysitting

The last suggestion for my blog post today, was to post about the handsome blonde I have been hanging out with.  Before y'all get excited....that handsome blonde happens to be my adorable little 4-year old cousin.  We have been having a lot of fun.  We go to the park and scare the birds, ducks or anything else of the avian kind.  We play jail (A LOT).  We watch Ghostbusters and Ghostbusters 2 constantly.....on rotation.  We play dinosaurs.  We pretend we are ghostbusters.  

He is so much fun...and has so much energy.  I am envious...but I love it.  :)

*********************************************************************************
Well there you go.  I must get back to my Ghost Adventures binge.  It's gonna be a wild Saturday night for the Fancy Ginger. 

Until next time....stay fancy!

No comments:

Post a Comment